Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Launching "Following the Whispers"

On Friday night, February 20, I stood in front of 50 or so people, mostly family and friends, and shared my story of writing and publishing "Following the Whispers." As I started to speak, feeling anxious, I felt flooded with a loving energy and my nervousness evaporated. I felt so comfortable in front of the room. All the work I've done over the years to overcome self-doubt and improve self-esteem culminated in that moment and it was as if I stepped into the person I was meant to become. It was magical.

A few years ago, my sister of the heart, Clara, and I, stood in a bookstore in Portland, Oregon and visualized the book I was writing on the shelf. Seeing the bookstore manager at Page One bookstore place my book on the shelf that night was a dream come true and my heart just about leapt out of my chest with joy.

Blessings and love,
Karen
www.followingthewhispers.com

2 comments:

joni said...

This is a great accomplishment. Coming from someone who knows the difficulties in overcoming and forgiveness, I too am working on my memoirs in hopes to help others like us, to gallantly soar!
Great work and may many blessings shower you in glory,

Joni Zipp

brockmanmel said...

Karen,
Congratulations!! My grandmother (Peggy Soucy) and I had lunch today and she raved on and on about your book. She said she couldn't put it down! I am anxious to get my hands on a copy to read myself.

Again, I am so happy that God has blessed you and Gary and your family! Looking forward to seeing you soon. Give "Aunt Millie" a big hug for me,

Peace,
Melissa Brockman (McCormick)