Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Almost as exciting as seeing my book on a shelf in the bookstore is seeing it listed on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble. I am getting wonderful feedback from those who have read it. Now that I have begun twittering, ninging, yahooing and blogging, I am making connections with others who are either writers or those with similar interests and issues. I am still trying to get the hang of all this internet connectedness and spending way too much time reading and responding to messages.

My blog posts might be a bit sparse in the next few weeks, as I am having surgery on my right shoulder next Tuesday and I'm not sure if I'll be able to work on the computer.

Till next time, blessings and love,

Karen
http:www.followingthewhispers.com

1 comment:

Marj aka Thriver said...

Thank you for visiting my dot com site and signing the guest book recently. You asked if I could recommend your book. I get a lot of requests to review books. Quite frankly, I've felt overwhelmed by the requests and haven't done any. What I'd like to do is refer you to the Child Abuse Survivor ning network, which I belong to. I asked around, and there are folks on there who are willing to do book reviews. They are at http://childabusesurvivor.ning.com. I will also look you up to follow on Twitter. Best wishes with your book.