Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just had to let you all know I met with the advertising person and told him I would not be using the ad he created for YouTube and why. Although he said it was hard to hear, he understood completely. We were able to talk it through and come to a mutually satisfying agreement on how to continue working together. I know that standing up for myself and speaking my truth will not always result in positive outcomes, but it sure felt good to say what I needed to say and let go of the result. Another key factor was saying what I needed to say without judging, criticizing or blaming either myself or the other person, but rather speaking from a place of inner peace. This is brand new territory for me.

Karen
http://www.followingthewhispers.com

No comments: