Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, April 13, 2009

Surgery went well on Thursday, so the surgeon told Gary. It is hard getting used to using only one arm. I finally figured out how to position the laptop so I can type with both hands, instead of just one finger, but it is awkward and uncomfortable. It is a time for healing, not working, as I recover and pray that I get full function back in my right arm with no pain. Three of my four limbs have now had surgery (right ankle, left knee and now right shoulder). I turn 60 in two weeks. In total, I have had eight surgeries in my life. It is enough. I am blessed because otherwise I am quite healthy. I am also quite ready to begin a new writing project. A writing retreat is planned for June, the first time I will be out of a sling and able to travel.
Letting go of emotional attachments to things around me continues. The hardest to let go of is sales of my book, but I'm working on it. Helping my son through a family crisis is also difficult, but it feels wonderful to pass along some of the wisdom I have gained through my years of pain and struggle.

For now,
Blessings and love,
karen

No comments: