Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, May 1, 2009

Blogrolling

I just turned 60 last Friday and am so proud of myself for my new computer literacy. Today I started a Blog Book tour class to learn how to promote "Following the Whispers" online on a blog tour. My husband says I'm now way ahead of him on this stuff, and he's a computer programmer. They say it's good for the brain to challenge it with learning new things. So figuring out why I couldn't view my blog and also adding the blog class blogs to my blog site, my brain is quite tired. More later.

5 comments:

Helen said...

Ahh, but look how much bigger your brain/head is! The blog looks good.

Helen
http://straightfromhel.blogspot.com

Enid Wilson said...

Good on you Karen! And happy birthday! I always admire active thinker.

conarnold said...

Nice job on the blog, Karen! It's never too late to learn. I'm like you in learning computer literacy late and have just completed my first blog book tour. Keep up the good work!

Patricia Stoltey said...

Karen -- The older I get, the more I want to cram into my brain while I still can, so I understand the pleasure you get from learning new computer stuff. It's fun, and it sure beats cleaning house....Pat

Gayle Carline said...

Karen - your blog looks nice. I can't wait to read more, and get to know you.

Gayle Carline
http://gaylecarline.blogspot.com