Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, June 22, 2009

Titles

Coming up with titles seems to be in the air. One of my fellow bloggers is trying to name her travel memoir. The friend I am visiting is trying to name an upcoming event she is hosting. And I'm trying to name a singing group. When I detach from the noise and static and chaos of every day life, and open to creative energy, anything can happen.
Blessings,
Karen

7 comments:

Joanne said...

Sounds like lots of creativity is brewing on this getaway. Enjoy!

Galen Kindley--Author said...

Title finding is both fun and important. Imagine if Gone With The Wind had been called: Lost in a Big Storm. How about the Wizard of Oz renamed as “Three Odd Balls, a Dog, and a Little Girl.” Yikes, you gotta get the title right, that’s or sure. Good luck to all title searching.

Best regards, Galen
GalenKindley.com

alexisgrant said...

Sucking up that creative energy...

Stephen Tremp said...

People obviously look to your creative mind for a source of inspiration. Speaking of which, I'm trying to come up with either a new first name or a new last name for my protagonist. I'll pull two names from a hat of those who participate and send them a free hard bound copy of Breakthrough. Stop by my blog and leave a bit of your imaginative mind.

- Steve Tremp
http://www.stephentremp.blogspot.com/

Marvin D Wilson said...

Well said, my dear. :)

The Old Silly

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Naming is the hardest thing for me! Maybe if I take your advice and detach, it will come easier.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

N A Sharpe said...

Names are definitely important and it's hard to come up with just the right one. Let's hope that creativity muse spends some quality time with each of us.

Nancy, from Just a Thought…