Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Traveling Day

I'm traveling today, on my way to Portland, Oregon, my spiritual home. The 10 years I lived there were transformative ones. When I left Portland in 1994, I was so depressed I didn't see any reason to keep going. But Spirit whispered to me somewhere in the Mojave Desert that I wasn't done yet and so here I am, blissfully content, filled with gratitude that I listened to the words of wisdom. Are you hearing yours?
Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

Galen Kindley--Author said...

Wishing you the best of times on your vacation, Karen. Summer is a good time to visit the Pacific Northwest. Having just left there, I have a different memory of it, but, that’s another story. Do enjoy yourself.
Oh, from you post about new writing projects. I do really, really, like the title about forgetting. That’s a keeper. Very clever. And, sadly, it also resonates with me. Unless I specifically remember where I put my glasses or keys, I’ll be looking for them for ages. Ha!

Best Regards, Galen
GalenKindley.com

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Galen. I really really like the title as well. Let's see if I can get a handle on the scope of the book and a preliminary outline.
Karen

Marvin D. Wilson said...

Happy trails. :) And yes, I AM listening.

The Old Silly From Free Spirit Blog

Joanne said...

Have a safe and wonderful journey, Karen!

Karen Walker said...

I have no doubt that you are, Marvin. It is reflected in your Free Spirit blog.
Thanks, Joanne. Be well.
Karen

Patricia Stoltey said...

Hope you have a relaxing and rejuvenating trip, Karen. I'm stealing away for a long weekend to see kids in NW Arizona, and will spend a little time looking for the ghost at the Oatman Hotel. And I'll have time alone to write, meditate, or just think. Heavenly.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Have a wonderful and happy trip, Karen.

Elizabeth

alexisgrant said...

Have a great time, Karen! I love that you have a spiritual home :)

N A Sharpe said...

Have a wonderful and safe vacation, Karen. May the blessings follow wherever you go.

Nancy, from Just a Thought…

The Practical Preserver said...

Safe travels, my friend. Have a wonderful vacation.