Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, July 6, 2009

13-hour day

I worked a 13-hour day today and I'm retired! Well, not really. I'm a writer, but I tell myself I'm retired in order to feel okay about not making much money at writing. It kinda works for me.
I'm getting so good at juggling, bunching errands, organizing myself (well, I was always a whiz at organizing), managing projects and time. I just have to figure out how to have enough energy. I'm 60, not 20 something anymore. I get tired quicker.

But oh, how exhilirating it is to be creating a life that includes so many things I love: writing, singing, dancing, time with hubby, time with family, and time with friends. Plus travel. Am I lucky or what?

That's all for now.
Blessings,
Karen

5 comments:

Galen Kindley--Author said...

It’s great to hear you’re scoring a breakthrough on organizing the many things in your life. It’s equally, or perhaps more good to learn, you’re actually enjoying all of them. It’s sorta like you control them, they don’t control you. A good place to be.

Best regards, Galen
Imagineering Fiction Blog

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

When you figure out the energy thing, please let me know! I need some too.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Joanne said...

Lucky? Most definitely! Don't you love those days that are just filled with hours of writing, time passing in a whirl as you are immersed in your craft? Enjoy!

Helen Ginger said...

So glad to hear that you're loving what you're doing. You'll live longer that way! Some people see writers as rather scatterbrained - their thoughts always off in a made-up world - but, really, to be a writer who aims to be published, you've got to be organized.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I use that retired line, too! I love those days filled with a little bit of everything that makes my life great.