Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, July 2, 2009

My First Workshop

My marketing plan for "Following the Whispers" took a giant leap forward today. A metaphysical bookstore here in Albuquerque, Blue Eagle, agreed to have me do a two-hour workshop on 9/19. It will be on Intuition/Spirit Messages/Inner Wisdom: How to tune in and listen. I'm totally jazzed! Except when I think about the work to get ready: Write a blurb for the flyer; create a flyer; make copies and distribute; write and distribute a press release; make a poster for the store window; get postcards or bookmarks made for handouts; write the darn presentation; write article based on presentation; market the article--whew! I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

But this feels organic to me--finding topics that are found within my book and talking about them. I also did my first interview for the book on aging that is my WIP. It will be such an honor to talk with older folks about lessons learned on the way to old age. I am overflowing with joy for how my life is going in this moment.

Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

Joanne said...

Congratulations on your workshop! Sounds like an amazing opportunity. Enjoy and best wishes :)

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful opportunity.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Helen Ginger said...

This is fabulous news, Karen. I remember when you posted that you were going to try to set up the workshop - and you did! I hope you get a great turnout.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

That’s exciting news, Karen. Congratulations. The workshop sounds fascinating. You ‘re really moving along now – way to go!

JaneKennedySutton

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Welcome to my world! Fortunately I don't have to write the presentations anymore, as I have six set seminars, but there's all that other work involved, too. (Then again, someone just booked me for a seminar on overcoming fear this November - and I'll have to create one before the event - LOL!)

And I've said it before - I really miss living in Albuquerque!

L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

Marvin D Wilson said...

Wow that's awesome, Karen - congrats!

The Old Silly

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, everyone.
Diane, wish you were still here. Would be nice to have a writing buddy.
Karen

N A Sharpe said...

Wow! Congratulations on the workshop it sounds like fun and I know it will be a big hit!

Nancy, from Just a Thought…

The Practical Preserver said...

One step at a time, my dear. You're gonna do just fine! I'm thrilled for you!!

Patricia Stoltey said...

You're right. It's a lot of work to get ready for workshops and classes. However, once you'll pulled all your materials together, you'll be able to use them (or adapt them) to future events. Good luck! I know you'll be great. Wish I could be there.