Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, July 16, 2009

My very first award

Helen Ginger was kind enough to honor me with a Humane Award--my first ever award. Here is what it means:

The Humane Award is to honor certain bloggers that I feel are kindhearted individuals. They regularly take part in my blog and always leave the sweetest comments. If it wasn't for them, my site would just be an ordinary blog. Their blogs are also amazing and are tastefully done on a regular basis. I thank them and look forward to our growing friendships through the blog world.

I am now passing the Human award to:
http://galenkindley.com/
http://myownvelvetroom.blogspot.com/
http://joannedemaio.blogspot.com/


Blessings,

Karen

11 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Congratulations on your award!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Joanne said...

Kudos to you, Karen, for receiving this Award. It is much deserved here for your thoughts and insights! And I gladly accept your passing it along to my blog, very touched that you thought of me!

Helen Ginger said...

Hi Karen. One of the benefits of passing on an award is that I get to visit some new-to-me blogs. I'm popping off to your choices now.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Marvin D Wilson said...

Kudos, well deserved, and a good list of bloggers to pass it on to as well. :) Diane Wolfe gave me that one a few days ago, I've got to do an acceptance post, probably tomorrow.

Where's the graphic, Karen?

The Old Silly

Patricia Stoltey said...

Congratulations on your award, Karen. Now must go visit the new blogs you listed.

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I'm throwing my Congratulations! in with the others.

Karen Walker said...

Uh, what graphic, Marvin? You know this old techno-phobe.
Karen

Linda said...

Congratulations, Karen. Thank you for thinking of me and passing it along!

N A Sharpe said...

Congratulations Karen! You certainly deserve the award, I love your blog. I definitely agree with passing it forward to Galen, and I am sure the others are wonderful as well - clicking over to them now.

Nancy, from Just a Thought…

The Practical Preserver said...

Congrats to my humanitarian buddy.

julielomoe said...

Congratulations, Karen, and what a great idea, Helen. A well deserved honor!