Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Awards Day

One of the nicest, most helpful people I've met since learning about internet marketing is Helen Ginger, hostess of Straightfromhel blogsite. Not only is she a tremendous resource to other writers, she is a gifted writer herself. She recently won a One Lovely Blog award and was kind enough to pass it along to me.

In a most honored tradition, I now pass it along to....drumroll, please, Jody Hedlund, http://jodyhedlund.blogspot.com/. Her blogs are always thought-provoking, thoughtful and inspirational. If you haven't already done so, please visit both Helen and Jody. You won't be disappointed.

I'd also like to thank Elizabeth Spann Craig http://mysterywritingismurder.blogspot.com/ for giving me a Humane blogging award. She is one of the best writers I've encountered on the web and is doing it while raising children and maintaining a household. I admire her so much. Thanks, Elizabeth.




L. Diane Wolf http://circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com/awarded me with the Superior Scribbler Award! Thanks so much, Diane! It's an honor to be in such great company.








Here are the rules for Passing on the Superior Scribbler Award: (which according to rule #5 I am required to post here):
  1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.

  2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to this post, which explains The Award.

  4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!

  5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.


A second drum roll, please....I hereby select:

Alexis Grant, whose blog is a tremendous resource for memoir writers.
Jane Kennedy, whose blog is fun and a joy to visit.
Sharon Lippincott, whose blog is one of the first I visited when my book was published and who has been a huge support. She is a gifted teacher of life writing.
Kendra Bonnett and Matilda Butler for all the work they do to help memoir writers.
Debra Schubert, my newest blog buddy for her creativity and humor

Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

Galen Kindley--Author said...

These strike me as great choices, Karen. I’m not familiar with them all, but I do know many of them. You’re right, they are gifted writers, with a blog that’s not a labor to visit. Based on your recommendation, I’ll become familiar with the rest of the winners, too. Good job.

Best Regards, Galen
Imagineering Fiction Blog

DebraLSchubert said...

Karen, Thank you so much! I'm deeply humbled to be recognized with such a great honor! I'm glad you enjoy my blog, and I thank you for the Superior Scribbler Award! I promise to pass along the good will in my next post.;-)

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Great choices, Karen! And congratulations on your awards. I love your blog.

Elizabeth

Stephanie Faris said...

Congrats to everyone! I got this award a couple of times and am still working on my blog...having a hard time coming up with seven interesting things. I figure that's probably not a good thing!

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Congratulations on your much deserved awards. And, thank you for the Superior Scribbler Award. I am honored to be included on your list.

The Old Silly said...

Well deserved! I recently got those also. Nice gestures, bloggers are such swell peeps. And nice line-up of blogs to pay it forward to, also. :)

Marvin D Wilson

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Woo-hoo! You deserve it!

L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

Together We Save said...

Congrats on your award.

Ritergal said...

Karen, what a rewarding day for you, to receive so many well-deserved awards, and in such a short time after you began blogging. Way to go! And thanks for passing the Scribbler on to me. I shall ponder worthy next level placements.

Jody Hedlund said...

Thank you SO much, Karen!!! You are so sweet and encouraging! I really appreciate your kind words! I've enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know you! Many blessings!