Welcome to Following the Whispers blog
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.
“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf
“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt
Monday, August 24, 2009
Weekend Wrap up has been preempted
Many thanks and a big hug to ComfortWriter for this Kreativ Blog award. As with other awards, there are rules! Here they are:1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. (see below)5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
7 interesting things about me:
1. I read Deepak Chopra, the Dali Lama, Danielle Steele, Nora Roberts, Elizabeth Gilbert, Eckart Tolle, a variety of spiritual writings, John Grisham, well, you get the idea-eclectic tastes to say the least.
2. At 50, I taught myself to play chords on the guitar so I could accompany myself singing.
3. I am afraid of being outdoors; I feel much safer inside, but I love being in nature. Once I get there, I'm fine, but getting me there can be difficult.
4. I have gained and lost 40 or so pounds about a dozen times in my life.
5. I still believe I must have been adopted--I am so different from either of my parents.
6. I get restless and bored very easily--probably why I have moved so many times in my life.
7. I compare myself to other women constantly, which feeds my negativity. But I'm working on it!
Since I've recently given awards to most of the bloggers I know, I'm not going to pass this along to 7 bloggers. Please accept my apologies for that. There are so many great bloggers out there.
Here are just a few that I know for sure are extremely worthy: