Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up


You asked for photos, so I'm going to let the attached pictures tell the story of our wonderful weekend in the Pecos Wildnerness. This is the beginning of Cave Creek Trail, one of the many spectacular trails available in this area.






This is a view from the hiking trail of just a small piece of the
heaven that is Pecos Wildnerss.



Made it to the caves. Happy that I am in good enough shape
to do so. Two years ago, I only made it as far as the waterfall.
Yippee!!





Glimpses of nature along the trail. This is the waterfall before you get to the caves.

















A bluebell - one of the many wildflowers in the mountains of Pecos.




My "Rocky" dance. Made the 5+ mile hike with no trouble whatsoever. I'm 60 and fit and fabulous!





Blessings,
Karen

16 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

Congratulations Karen. You look fit and fabulous, too. That is such a beautiful place. I'm so glad you took the camera so you could share with us.

On a side note, if you zip over to my blog today, you'll see that I gave you the One Lovely Blog Award - and why. I'll tell you right now, though - I love your blog.

Helen
Straight From Hel

alexisgrant said...

Hey Karen!

Lovely photos. They really liven up your blog!

It was so nice to come back from a week away from the Internet and read your comments on the posts on my own blog. I'd like to e-mail you, but can't seem to find your e-mail... Will you e-mail me? alexiskgrant@yahoo.com.

Thanks!
Alexis

Marvin D Wilson said...

Wow those are awesome pics. What a great experience! Thanks for sharing. :)

The Old Silly

The Practical Preserver said...

I love to see pictures! You are simply amazing - not sure I'd even try that hike. Good job, Karen!

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Enjoyed the beautiful photos. Way to go on completing the entire hike this year!

Galen Kindley--Author said...

That's a pretty area of the state. Small "river,"(Grin) but a pretty area. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Best Regards, Galen
Imagineering Fiction Blog

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You go git 'em you fit & fabulous 60-year-old you!

L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

Jody Hedlund said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Now I'm thoroughly jealous!! :) Glad you had a wonderful weekend! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Stephanie Faris said...

Breathtaking. And a reminder that I need a vacation in the worst way!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You just won the Superior Scribbler Award!
See my blog for details.

L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

Maryann Miller said...

What beautiful pictures, Karen. That looks like a wonderful spot to vacation. And good for you for finishing the hike. keep that image as "fit and fabulous."

Diane said...

I'm 38 and not fit and probably would have passed out. Great job!

Chester Campbell said...

Great pictures, Karen. That sounds like a great hike. Wish I could get away for something like that, but I'd have to go alone. My wife isn't up to it (she's seven years younger than me, ha!). And thanks for the congrats left on my blog.

Tabitha Bird said...

what amazing pics. Beautiful place. I love being outside and hiking is good for the soul. SO is boxing... have you tried that? :)

N A Sharpe said...

Oh my goodness - awesome pictures!!! How beautiful. I am so jealous. I'd love to get out hiking. Thanks for sharing.

Nancy, from Realms of Thought…

Patricia Stoltey said...

You are fabulous, Karen! Really nice photos too.