Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Superior Comments Award

You don't say? You do say. Bloggers say plenty. And those that follow those blogs have plenty to say as well. Seems there's an award for super comments and I have received this honor from the wonderfully talented and gifted Debra Schubert. Thank you so much, Debra.

I am learning that making comments on other blogs is just as important as what we write on our own blogs. It shows we are listening; that we are paying attention; that we care what our blogger friends are writing about. It's not easy. It's time consuming. It takes effort. But it's so worthwhile to make new, caring friends.



I hereby pass the Superior Comments Award on to the following blogger because she always has an insightful, thoughtful, honest comment. And she inspires me.

Tabitha Bird.


















12 comments:

The Old Silly said...

Hey - now THAT's a different kind of award. Cool! And you deserve it well, because I've noticed when you leave a comment it always has some meaningful content and show that you've actually READ the post and are reacting to it thoughtfully. Good job!

Marvin D Wilson

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I'm like Marvin---cool idea! And you're very deserving of it, Karen. I always really appreciate your comments.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congratulations!

L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com

Helen Ginger said...

I'm so glad you got this award, Karen - you do indeed make super comments. I can attest to that.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Galen Kindley--Author said...

What I like is I've found two new blogs to visit and perhaps follow. It's kinda neat how your circle of blog friends can extend and grow overtime, just by being present and open to visiting and commenting on the posts of others. And, I almost always learn something, or get a chuckle. Kinda neat.

Best Regards, Galen
Imagineering Fiction Blog

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

congrats to you on the award! and congrats to tabitha, as well! :)

Jeannie
Where Romance Meets Therapy

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I'm throwing in my congratulations, too - for your much deserved award! I always look forward to reading your comments on my blog and the others we visit in common.

DebraLSchubert said...

I was happy to give you this auspicious award. Your comments are always thoughtful and inspiring. You deserve it! ;-)

Stephanie Faris said...

Yay Tabitha. I love her blog. Congrats to both of you!

Patricia Stoltey said...

Congratulations on this well-deserved award, Karen. You really are a gem and you do leave wonderful comments. Thanks again for putting a smile on my face today.

N A Sharpe said...

Karen,
That is a very well deserved and appropriate award for you. I know I always smile to see you have stopped by my blog and commented. By the way, I have an award for you tomorrow on my blog :)

Nancy, from Realms of Thought…

Tabitha Bird said...

Wow Karen, that is amazing :) Thank you so much. hope my email got through. I sometimes have problems with me server, it hates me;)
Your honesty and integrity inspire me too :)