Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, October 30, 2009

Awards Day

Debra Schubert, of Write on Target, http://debralschubert.blogspot.com/, was kind enough to pass along the Kreativ Blogger award. If you haven't already checked out her blog, rush right on over, do not pass Go, because she has a lot to say about writing. And she says it oh so well.

So, now, as part of this blog award, I am asked to name seven other worthy bloggers who must also follow the rest of the directions:1) Copy the pretty picture and post it on your blog.2) Thank the person that gave it to you and link to their blog. 3) Write 7 things about yourself we don't know.4) Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to.5) Link to those 7 other bloggers.6) Notify your 7 bloggers.

So here goes, 7 things you don't already know about me:
1. I am a very impatient person. I hate waiting. If something doesn't work right away, I curse, mutter, etc. It is a fatal character flaw.
2. I get very cranky if I don't eat every few hours. I'm hypoglycemic. Friends know that if they schedule dinner any time after 6 pm, I'll either eat before I get there, or start eating without them.
3. I wish I could get in touch with some people who knew me when I was little. Facebook or Classmates.com have not turned up anyone I'd want to re-connect with.
4. Not having either one of my parents alive still feels weird, even though my Dad died almost six years ago. Still can't get used to being the "elder" in the family.
5. Standing up for myself and putting myself first feels selfish, but right.
6. Doing what feeds my soul makes me happy. So why do things that don't?
7. I don't like political rants on blogs. Sorry to those of you who do it. It doesn't mean I won't keep visiting, it just means I don't like it and probably won't respond.

Here are the deserving blogs I am passing this award to:
1. Tabitha Bird, because she is one of the best writers I've come across in a long time. And because she's healing herself and creating a wonderful life.
2. Crystal , her posts are fun, creative, and challenge our brains. And she's a reliable, steady commenter.
3. Elizabeth Spamm Craig because she's a wonderful writer (check out "Pretty is As Pretty Dies,"), because she's a great mom, and because she is doing so much to help other writers.
4. Kendra Bonnett and Matilda Butler, at womensmemoirs because they do so much to help other women memoir writers. Check out their new website. It's got a wealth of information.
5. SuzyHayze. She is a gifted writer, a wonderful blogger, and writes from her heart.
6. Joanne DeMaio. Her blog is beautiful, thought-provoking, and inspiring. And she leaves wonderfully thoughtful comments on my blog. Supportive and loving.
7. Elspeth Antonelli - I only recently discovered Elspeth's blog and I'm so glad I did. She unabashedly shares about writing, frequently asks really thoughtful questions, and is just an all around wonderful friend to writers.

Hope you will check out blogs mentioned here you haven't already visited. They're well worth the time. And thanks again, Debra, for thinking of me. Happy weekend, everyone.

Blessings,
Karen

16 comments:

Crystal Clear Proofing said...

Karen, thank you! What a wonderful way to end the week! And your kind comments mean so much!

I most certainly will check out your other awardees. Anyone acknowledged by you, my friend, I'm sure is very special.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I can get rather impatient, too. Especially behind the wheel of a vehicle. If I'm trying to get home from doing a seminar or signing, do NOT get in front of me unless you intend to drive really fast!

Congrats on the award!

Tabitha Bird said...

Oh shucks Karen :) Thank you. What a beautiful thing to say about me and my blog :)) You just made my evening (it is Friday night here)

Have a great weekend.

Joanne said...

Congrats Karen, on receiving the Award! Much deserved here, I always enjoy your insights. And thanks so much for passing it along my way, it's nice to be recognized and to know that readers are appreciating our words. I'm off to check out the others now ... Happy Halloween to you.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Congratulations on the award, Karen, and thanks so much for passing it along to me!

I'm an impatient person, too!

It was fun to find out more about you...thanks!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

alexisgrant said...

Hey karen -- These awards are serving another purpose, too -- telling me about some great blogs to check out! Thanks!

Martha Nichols said...

I agree, I love finding out about these new blogs. And your award is much deserved, Karen.

Helen Ginger said...

Both of my parents died young. It is odd being an "orphan," so to speak. I'm not quite the elder in the family, though, since I have an older sister.

I'm with you on the political rants. I'll read, but don't have anything to add.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Elspeth Antonelli said...

Thanks so much for such wonderfully kind words. I'm a fellow member of the impatience club. I admire your #5; wish I could say the same for myself.

Elspeth

Tamika: said...

Congratulations Ladies!

I love learning about all the different blogs out there. What a endless supply of support.

Happy writing.

Stephen Tremp said...

Impatient AND cranky?!?!?! Well, that's not so bad. At least you know what to feed your soul to make it happy. Have a great weekend.

Stephen Tremp

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

It's always fun to learn more about the blogger behind the blogs. I'm now looking forward to checking out some new sites.

Kathryn Magendie said...

Visiting from Deb's place - congrats on your award!

jdcoughlin said...

Yes, Deb is The Bomb. Love her blog. Love her how take on life. And as this is my first time checking out yours, what a great day to find you and get to know you.
Love what you said about doing things that make you happy, so true. Something I definitely want to pass on to my kids.

Suzyhayze said...

Thank you so much Karen. I always look forward to reading your blog as well!

Anonymous said...

Как Вы считаете, на сколько поднимутся [url=http://profwoomen.ru/]пенсии[/url] после нового года?