Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, November 6, 2009

Gratitude

I am humbled by the support I feel from the community of folks who blog. No matter what I post about, there is always at least one person, usually more, who understands what I'm talking about--someone who truly gets it--and therefore, gets me. I don't always find that in my "real" life. But perhaps that's because, for most of my life, I was a chameleon. Now that I can't be anyone other than me, I am surrounded by people who may not always like what I say or do, or agree with what I say or do, but they love me anyway.

So I am grateful for the journey that has brought me to where I am today. Yes, that includes all the pain, hurts, traumas, losses, as well as the growth, love, and joy. I am grateful I found my way to writing. I am grateful for my family, my friends, my dog, and most especially, my hubby.

I am grateful to all of you for visiting, offering your thoughts, advice and support. And for doing what each and every one of you does to support your own lives and then sharing that journey with the rest of us.

It's hard to believe that a year ago I didn't even know what a blog was.

Blessings,
Karen

19 comments:

Cyndi said...

And I am grateful that you found out what a blog was! :)

Crystal Clear Proofing said...

Oh I so agree with Cyndi! LOL - I remember when I also had no idea what a blog was. Kind of like and online diary, someone told me.

Well, it's a lot more than that. Like you, Karen, I revel in the wonderful camaraderie and the connection I feel with some of my fellow bloggers. Isn't it great to have people "get you?" :)

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Your blog really provides a nice, quiet, reflective place for me to rest for a little while. Thanks for offering it to all of us!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

L. Diane Wolfe said...

So glad you know what a blog is now!! The bloggy world is enriched by people like you.

Joanne said...

I'm glad you're blogging too. I think the best part is the dialogue that gets going on the posts, genuine conversations that everyone jumps into. Blog on ...

Jody Hedlund said...

Thanks to you, too, for your encouragement and kind words! I appreciate your positive and uplifting spirit!

The Old Silly said...

That goes both ways, Karen ... people don't keep coming back unless there is value here, and you deliver it. So I am grateful for YOU, too. (big smile)

Marvin D Wilson

Helen Ginger said...

It does seem odd to me that it was not that long ago that I'd never heard of blogging and certainly had never tried it. Now, blogging has become a daily ritual, like brushing my teeth. How easily we adapt to new things.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

What a nice acknowledgement of the world of blogging friends. I always enjoy stopping by your blog – I find your insights and honesty inspiring.

Elspeth Antonelli said...

I'm glad you discovered blogs and I'm glad I discovered them too! Stopping by your blog everyday is like stopping by a peaceful lake for a few minutes. I'm very grateful.

Elspeth

Patricia Stoltey said...

Must add my own thanks that you have a blog and that you talk about your life in a way that opens up my own thoughts. I enjoy your posts so much.

carolynyalin said...

I echo what's been said before me.
Here's to a year of blogging for you, and hopefully many more :)

Sylvia Dickey Smith said...

Karen, you offer much to those who stop by. Thanks for sharing with us.

Galen Kindley--Author said...

Well, you sure know what a blog is now and you have a group of devoted followers...many of whom are not BBtour folks. You've managed to strike a chord with the world at large. Pretty good, I'd say. Best, Galen.

Elizabeth Langosy said...

Karen, I also am very glad you discovered blogging! I'm new at it myself, but I relish the possibilities and feel privileged to be part of an community of writers.

Elizabeth

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

So happy to have you a part of the blog family. I'm enjoying getting to know you and always look forward to reading your posts.

alexisgrant said...

So glad to be part of your blog circle! Love visiting and seeing what you're up to. And it always makes me smile when I see that you've left a comment for me, too.

Tabitha Bird said...

LOL about not knowing what a blog was. Yeah, me too. I had no idea what I blog was until I started mine in late August ( i think) this year. I too am grateful for the connections :)

Enid Wilson said...

Yes, we learned a lot this past few months!

Bargain with the Devil