Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday musings

Well, yesterday I posted that I had nothing to say. Then I proceeded to post an article from Helen Ginger that was not supposed to appear until Wednesday 11/18. It received a bunch of comments, so I couldn't take it down. Didn't want to anyway. It's so good. If you haven't read it, please give yourself a gift and do so.

So, I'm going to promote it again next week and it will appear as originally scheduled on Wednesday. The moral of the story. When you don't feel like doing anything, pay attention and don't do anything, because if you do do something, you might just do it wrong.

Blessings,
Karen

5 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

A great reminder! And one that usually I don't heed....but I think I need to start!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Joanne said...

Karen, thanks for the a"musing" post!

Tamika: said...

Thanks Karen, sometimes we do just need to be still and hear God.

Cyndi said...

That's so funny! :) Off to read it now, and then I'll read it again on Wednesday.

N A Sharpe said...

That's too funny - been there myself - usually realize it right after I hit the post button and have to go back in to reschedule the post. Off to read it now!

Nancy, from Realms of Thought