Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Being sick is not fun!

With no energy to get up off the couch and a headache that makes reading impossible, I am stuck with the boob tube. Daytime television sucks. Even with Comcast cable stations, I can't find anything to hold my interest. I've seen most of the movies available for free and there isn't one that seems worth paying for on demand. Sigh.

I guess I was hallucinating when I thought I might get some writing done because thinking hurts--makes the pressure in my sinuses feel like they are imploding. Waa.

Okay, that's enough whining. I took 5 minutes for a pity party because that was all I could think of to write about today. I'll try to do better tomorrow, I promise. Otherwise I'll skip blogging altogether till my head stops hurting.

Blessings,
Karen

9 comments:

Cyndi said...

Aww...feel better!! And daytime tv is the worst.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Okay...it's the mommy in me coming out--have you been to the doctor? Both my kids have had sinus infections recently. If you have sinus pain, you might need an antibiotic. And hot soup! And ibuprofen. And...

Elizabeth (who really can't help herself)
Mystery Writing is Murder
Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen

Joanne said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Karen Walker said...

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. And Elizabeth, no, I didn't see the doctor, but I started taking an antibiotic that had been prescribed when we went to Europe. It's for upper respiratory stuff. I am starting to feel better, so I think it's working. I figured, if it worked, great, if not, I'd go to the doctor then. Your kids are lucky to have you for a mommy.
Karen

Mason Canyon said...

Everybody deserves to have a pity party from time to time, so no problem. Do take care of yourself and hopefully the antibiotics will work quickly and you'll be feeling better soon.

Jody Hedlund said...

Oh Karen! Sorry you're still not up to par yet! I know that feeling, thinking that you'll snuggle up and write and then being disappointed because you don't feel well enough for anything. I hope you're back to normal soon!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

So sorry you're not feeling well. Sleep, sleep, sleep if you can. That's my favorite medicine. I hope you feel much better soon. :-)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Being sick sucks!

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Yuk on feeling miserable! Lots of tea, Advil and sleep and hope to see you well and back posting soon!