Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

This weekend was a mixed bag. Had a singing gig Saturday that I didn't think I could do--started feeling sick on Thursday--sore throat, achy. Did all my usual remedies and lots of prayers and voila - was fine for the concert, but totally wasted afterwards. Got into my jammies and stayed home watching movies Saturday night. Actually, under the weather or not, I love being in my jammies watching movies.

We had a few more new cars to test drive on Sunday, and another two will be tested today (Monday). Hopefully, we can then make a decision about a new car.

I want to take this opportunity to thank Crystal for gifting me with her Blogosphere award. I am going to reserve the right to pass it along right now (She said that's okay). I'm just so grateful for all my blogosphere buddies.

How was your weekend?

Blessings,
Karen

14 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

Congrats on your award! Hope you're feeling better!!!

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Congrats on your award!

I'm glad you were able to do your concert. I know you'd have been really disappointed if you'd had to miss it. But I'm sorry you were so exhausted afterwards!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder
Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen

Joanne said...

Congrats on your Award, and glad you got the singing gig in okay. Quiet weekend here on the drizzly, damp East coast, a little shopping at the mall, much sitting around the fireplace afterwards :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm all for the jammies, too! If I'm at home, I'm in sweats or PJs.

You have a special bloggy award awaiting at my post today.

The Old Silly said...

Glad you had a swell weekend, and many congrats on the well deserved award! My weekend was very sad, lost a dear friend, just a kid really, only 21, in a car accident. Makes you wake up and appreciate each day, hmm?

Marvin D Wilson

Jody Hedlund said...

Oh! Being in jammies watching movies sounds heavenly!!! Hope you're feeling better this week!

carolynyalin said...

I was in jammies all last week, hope you feel better.

Sharon Lippincott said...

More congrats on your award, and I can't wait to hear what car you select. What a challenge!

Helen Ginger said...

Anything is better when you're in your jammies. Hope you're back up and feeling good enough to wear everyday clothes. And congratulations on your award. Yay!

Helen
Straight From Hel

Elspeth Antonelli said...

Congratulations on another well-deserved award, Karen! I'm jealous about your soon-to-be-picked new car.

Elspeth

Mason Canyon said...

Congratulations on the award. I love the jammies while watching the movies situations. Only thing to make it better, big bowl of freshly popped popcorn.
Hope you're feeling better. Good luck on selecting a car.

Terra said...

I am glad to hear you revived enough to sing.
Are you buying a car?
We researched and bought a Ford and love it, and it is patriotic for we Americans, so it worked out well all around.

Tabitha Bird said...

Cool award. I have not seen this one before. Congrats. Oh, and I love movies and jammies too! :)

Patricia Stoltey said...

On the car shopping adventure -- we have a 2000 Toyota Camry that just hit 100,000 miles. We keep talking about looking for another Camry, but we love this one so much we don't want to give it up (and we don't need two cars). How's that for a recommendation?