Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, February 1, 2010

Waiting

Waiting is the hardest. Mom rallied for a few days, but today (Saturday), she doesn't feel well and is sleeping most of the time. I am convinced this is the sweetest soul I have ever known. Mom till the end, she's more worried about what this is doing to her kids than what it is doing to her.

The doctor tells us we probably have a week at the outside. We are all at peace with her. There is no unfinished business. This is a woman who has had a good life, raised five incredible kids, and those kids have, in turn, raised wonderful children as well. This was an amazing family to marry into and I am so blessed to be part of this clan.

I will be bringing my computer to hospice daily and will try to begin visiting your blogs as I can. Thank you all for your continued support during this time.

Karen
|

11 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Having 'no unfinished business' is so important! I'm glad your slates are blank and all is well and peaceful.

Elizabeth

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Amen to Elizabeth's comment!

Hugs of comfort and prayers of support sent your way.

Mason Canyon said...

I agree too. It's wonderful that all of you have this chance to find a little closure (if that's possible). Wishing you all the days that are possible.

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

She sounds like a very special woman. My thoughts are with you during this difficult period.

Joanne said...

During such a difficult time, you have a way of making it seem so special. Thanks for that, and take care.

Elspeth Antonelli said...

How wonderful to have no unfinished business! Remember the laughter. Remember the funny.

Helen Ginger said...

I hope that I will have no unfinished business when the time comes. That says so much about this woman.

Take care of yourself and treasure these last days with her.

Helen
Straight From Hel

L. Diane Wolfe said...

There is hope and peace in every situation...

carolynyalin said...

I'm glad to hear there is no unfinished business. Take care.

Patricia Stoltey said...

Mom is lucky to have you.

N A Sharpe said...

Love and prayers to you and your family. She does, indeed, sound like a remarkable woman.