Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend update

Diane Wolfe, at http://circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com/
was kind enough to pass along this Sunshine award on Friday. I am to pass it along to five other bloggers who leave wonderful comments on a regular basis.I hereby pass it along to:
Tabitha Bird http://tabithabird.blogspot.com/
Mason Canyon http://masoncanyon.blogspot.com/
Joanne http://joannedemaio.blogspot.com/
Jane Sutton Kennedy http://janekennedysutton.blogspot.com/

If you've already received this, well, you deserve it again!

As far as my weekend update is concerned, it was a time to try to get our home and ourselves back to normal. I can once again see what's in my refrigerator (so many people brought food for us, we couldn't find anything in there). The hospital equipment is gone. Now there's a big empty room where the pool table is supposed to go. I'm hoping we can't find anyone to move it back in--I'd love love love that room to be a music/reading/whatever place. Hubby did agree to leave it as is, so for now,it's a practice and exercise room.

Saturday was spent going thru mom's things and taking everything to charity that we didn't want, as well as gathering the things the family needs to go thru. We had moved furniture around in our house to make a room for mom, so now everything is back in its place.
Sunday was the hardest day--usually spent with mom. I slept late, did a little computer work, then hubby and I went for a long walk. Lovely.

Blessings,
Karen  


12 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

I'm so glad you were able to make the most out of a difficult Sunday, Karen! Hope the weather was as beautiful there as it was here.

Thanks so much for the sunny award!

Elizabeth

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Just take it one day at a time.
Glad you found the fridge again, though!

Jody Hedlund said...

Karen, I'm catching up on past posts and lifting you up today and this week as you deal with the void in your home and heart. I hope you'll be able to fill your heart with good memories as well as good new things! Blessings!

Stephanie Faris said...

Congrats on your award. I'm so sorry for your loss. It does get a little easier over time, as you probably know.

Joanne said...

Walking, talking. I love walking, and can find inspiration, spirituality, and strength in the whole process. Hoping you do too.

And thanks so much for the Award, it's always nice to be recognized like this, a perfect way to start my week :)

Mason Canyon said...

I'm glad you had a chance to do some of the things that brings your life back to normal (or as normal as we can ever be). Each day will get a little easier even though there will still be some rough spots along the way. Keeping focus helps. Continue to take care of yourself.

Thank you so much for thinking of me when passing the away on. I appreciate it and am honored.

Helen Ginger said...

The transition for you and your husband will take a while, but you're moving in the right direction - taking walks, being with each other, and re-organizing your life. (At least, to me, that seems like the right direction.) Congrats on the award.

Helen
Straight From Hel

julielomoe said...

Congratulations on your award, Karen - it's well deserved. And I definitely think you should keep the pool table out of that space and turn it into a room for creativity - that would be a good way to honor your mother-in-law's memory too.

Julie Lomoe's Musings Mysterioso
http://julielomoe.wordpress.com

Cyndi said...

Good to hear you are taking care of yourself and congrats on you much deserved award!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thanks for the offer to host, Karen! Lee offered a Wednesday as well.
You just let me know when!

The Old Silly said...

Kudos and well deserved, Karen! Hey I got "Following the Whispers" in the mail Saturday. Yay! I'm under the gun getting a couple books edited for other authors this week but will get a chance to read it sometime next week. Can't wait. BEAUTIFUL cover, I must say.

Marvin D Wilson

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Thanks for the award, Karen! I'm honored. Glad to hear that your life is returning to normal.