Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, March 5, 2010

Honoring the path

February 20th blew by in a haze. In the midst of dealing with MIL's diagnosis and death, I missed the fact that it's been a year since my book launched. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun? The older I get, the faster it seems to fly.

One of the best things I did to promote my memoir, "Following the Whispers," was to join Dani Greer's Book Blog Tour class. I don't believe it's being offered currently, but folks can join the BBT cafe on Yahoo Groups. I "met" so many wonderful people in that class, folks I now consider friends, although we've never met in person.

The class taught me a lot about social networking and blogging in paricular. When I first began, I thought I'd never make it to 100 followers, the magic number Dani said one needed to host an author on a book tour. Well, I noticed yesterday that my lil ole blog has reached that milestone. Perhaps it's time to consider a book blog tour? Is it too late?

Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart for choosing to follow me and my musings on creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance.

Blessings,
Karen

13 comments:

losalamosgirlhood said...

Congratulations all over the place on reaching the Magic Number. You've done everything right, for sure. And this blog is Pure Karen. The next hundred should be a breeze.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Congratulations on 100 followers!

It's never too late for a book tour. :)

That was an awesome class, wasn't it?

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Jody Hedlund said...

Congrats on that milestone! Sounds like that was a very enlightening class. I'd be interested in hearing more about blog tours and the benefit. I've seen some people do them, and am curious whether or not it was worth the effort!

Joanne said...

Congrats on your followers, and I don't think it's ever too late to do a book tour. I've been hosting author tours through WOW Women on Writing, they do a great job of putting the tours together, and the posts are always a lot of fun :)

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Time does fly, doesn’t it? Congratulations on reaching 100 - you have an interesting blog that's fun to follow!

Mason Canyon said...

Congratulations on the 100 followers and the anniversary of your book. Time goes by way too fast as we get older. It's never to let to do a book tour, go for it.

Tamika: said...

Congratulations on making your milestone! I never had a doubt that you would, your posts are dripping with transparency and depth.

Thanks Karen!

Simona44 said...

That's great. I agree with you, the older I get the faster time flies. The longest year of my life was when I was three. I thought I would NEVER reach four!

The Old Silly said...

Kudos on attaining the century mark! I too, as you know, came from the BBT camp, went throught that training ... I don't know if I'd ever have attained blogging status like I enjoy now without that kind of great training. You're on a roll, GF - keep let'n 'er rip!

Marvin D Wilson

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congratulations and it's been wonderful getting to know you as well. I left part of my heart in ABQ, so I hope I do make it back there and we get to meet in person.
And you ARE hosting an author on her tour! Thank you again.

ajgallion said...

Well, time does fly. On March 18 -- it'll be year that I'm divorced. My son was 4 MONTHS and daughter 5 when I took this step...talk about a journey. Journeys always start with a bit of courage -- so KUDOS to you!

Kendra Bonnett said...

Hi Karen, I was just catching up on your blog postings and I was sorry to read about the passing of your MIL. Her optimism in all things is a model for us all. Glad you're slowly getting back into your writing routine. Maybe you'll consider writing something for our first Women's Memoirs writing contest. Details: http://bit.ly/cZXWkS

Ann said...

Congratualtions on reaching the 100 and your book. How exciting!!