Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, March 26, 2010

TGIF

This was a tough week. I am emotionally, physically and spiritually drained. I am taking today as my indulgence day. This morning I have a singing rehearsal, which I love, then lunch with a friend I haven't seen in a long time. Thank you all so much for your kind and thoughtful comments about my "bad mojo," as Helen Ginger so aptly put it. Perhaps my weekend update on Monday will have better news to report. Have a good weekend, everyone.
Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Hope you have a happy day after a rough week, Karen! Take care.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Mason Canyon said...

Enjoy your day and relax this weekend. Hopefully everything will work itself out. Hope Buddy is doing well. Have a great weekend.

Joanne said...

Wishing you many sweet indulgences today, Karen. Enjoy ...

Cyndi said...

Have a great day!!

Jody Hedlund said...

Hi Karen, Thank you so much for your insightful and thoughtful comment on my blog Wednesday! I hope you have a wonderful indulgence day today and come away refreshed from it!

Jen Chandler said...

Karen,

I pray your weekend is peaceful and everything that you need. Sometimes we just need to indulge in order to take care of ourselves. We can't take care of others if we are neglecting ourselves.

Thank you for your encouragement on my blog yesterday. I appreciate it. I look forward to sharing some good stories after this much needed break! Take care of yourself!

Jen

PS: my prayers are with Buddy too :)

Tamika: said...

Enjoy the day- it's God's gift to you!

Marvin D Wilson said...

Have a WONDERful weekend, Karen!

The Old Silly

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Karen take the weekend to recharge and refresh!

arlee bird said...

Thought I'd send you this little pick-me-up. Have an award waiting for you on my Saturday post.

Tossing It Out

Lee