Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Update

Over the weekend, Lee, at Tossing it Out: http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/2010/03/200-for-me-and-challenge-for-you.html, gave me the Beautiful Blogger Award. Thanks so much, Lee.

According to the rules, I am to provide a link to the person who gave me the award (see above),  name seven things you might not know about me, and pass the award along to seven other wonderful bloggers. Gosh, I've written so much about myself during this past year, I don't know if there's anything left you guys might not know. But here goes:

1. Buddy (our dog) is my first pet ever. I've lived with other people who had pets, but they were never mine.

2. I'm one year away from being able to collect Social Security.

3. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and don't like chile (red or green). Everyone said I'd acquire a taste for it, but nope, hasn't happened yet, and it's been 16 years.

4. I'm Jewish and Christian and Spiritual.

5. I'm a certified hypnotherapist, although I don't practice hypnotherapy.

6. I went back to school at age 52 and received a Bachelor's Degree in University Studies. I graduated Summa cum laud at age 56. It was great fun getting straight A's and being a person who could speak up in class. When I was younger I could never even raise my hand.

7. I'm dyslexic when it comes to directions. Hopeless. If I think we need to make a right turn, invariably it's left we have to go. Thank goodness my new car (which still hasn't arrived) has a voice activated GPS navigational system.

And now, here are seven bloggers who richly deserve the Beautiful Blogger award:

Diane Wolfe, Spunk on a Stick: http://circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com/
Elizabeth Spann Craig: http://mysterywritingismurder.blogspot.com/
Elspeth Antonelli: http://elspeth-itsamystery.blogspot.com/
Joanne at: http://joannedemaio.blogspot.com/
Tamika at: http://thewriteworship.blogspot.com/
Sharon Lippincott at: http://heartandcraft.blogspot.com/
Debra Schubert at: http://debralschubert.blogspot.com/

I know it's time-consuming to do this award thing, so I won't be insulted if any of you choose not to pass it along. But truly, these are blogs worthy of your attention if you don't already visit them.

As for my regular weekend update, suffice it to say, Buddy (the dog) is doing much better. The antibiotic for the urinary tract infection seems to be working. The insulin also seems to have made a huge difference. He's acting much more like his old self. And hubby has agreed to take on the caregiving issues for Buddy for now. So all is well in the Walker household for the moment.

Blessings,
Karen

17 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Thanks so much, Karen! I really appreciate it. :)

I think I'm dyslexic with directions, too! And then, going home? I will DEFINITELY get lost because I can't reverse the directions I followed!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Joanne said...

Congrats on the Award, Karen, and for passing it along my way. I like the way you slipped your new car update into the post. I have a funny feeling waiting for this car will become a running commentary here, though I hope not, and hope that it arrives soon!!

Mason Canyon said...

Congratulations on the award. Looking forward to checking out some of the new links you provided. Happy to hear Buddy is doing better. But the car still not being delivered, now that's another matter. Hope the week goes well for you sounds like it's on the right path.

Sybir St. John said...

Karen,
Wandered over here from Deb's blog. It's nice to meet a fellow writer AND hypnotherapist!

Congrats on the award, and NEVER hand me a map. Thank God for GPS.

Debra L. Schubert said...

Karen, Thanks so much for the award! It's humbling to be in such great company. ;-)

alexisgrant said...

Aw, glad your dog is doing better! And thanks for the dog advice on my blog, too :)

Ann said...

Congratulations on the award Karen. They are fun though. Learning things about your blogging friends.

Helen Ginger said...

I like the idea that you're a hypnotherapist. It's intriguing.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Marvin D Wilson said...

Hypnotherapist, hmm? Very interesting. Hey kudos on the well deserved award, Karen.

The Old Silly

T. Anne said...

HUGE congrats on getting your degree with such high marks to boot!!! I love stories like that! Fun to learn more about you.

Tamika: said...

Thanks Karen! You are such a delight!

I loved learning more about you. There are some interesting tidbits about you friend. Awesome!

carolynyalin said...

Congrats.
I love reading these "learn more about me" lists.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thank you, Karen!!! I am honored.

And everyone said I would adapt to the humidity in North Carolina. After fifteen years (plus five in Arkansas) I still can't stand it!

Cyndi said...

Congrats on your award (well deserved) and YAY Buddy is better!!! :)

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Congratulations on the award. You certainly deserve it. I am also directionally challenged. If I say turn right, my husband automatically goes left (and vice versa) – which is always correct way to go.

Sharon Lippincott said...

Wow, nothing like an award to generate a shower of comments and congratulations, each one well-deserved. Thank you for including me in the next round.

I look forward to reading about your experience learning to use the GPS system. I feel like I have seven thumbs when I'm entering destinations into our handheld unit.

Ginny the Sock Monkey said...

Hey, huzzah on getting your degree summa at the age of 52! That's awesome! You are an inspiration.

Molly
ragsbysockmonkey.blogspot.com