Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, April 5, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Hope everyone had lovely Easter and Passover holidays. I am truly blessed because I get to celebrate both. I don't think it is an accident that so many of the beliefs of the world's religions have similarities. One would think it might bring us closer together instead of causing wars, but that's a topic for some other blogger.

I'm in love with "Millie," our new Hybrid. She can travel more than 600 miles on one tank of gas, she's beautiful, and she tells me where to go. You have no idea how much time she is going to save me. I used to have to leave my house 1/2 hour to 3/4 of an hour early, in case I got lost. And if I went from my house to Point A and then had to go to Point B from Point A, I'd have to go home first to get to Point B. Not now. Millie tells me how to get there. All I have to do is tell her a street address and city and boom, she directs me every step of the way. She's my new BFF.

Easter Sunday was hard without MIL. We still went to brunch with our friend and her mom, just as we'd done the past few years with MIL, but there was someone missing at the table. I wasn't ready to lose her just yet, which is what is making the grieving so much harder. I'm working on accepting what is and this past week was the first time I felt fairly normal again.

Spring has brought renewed energy for my writing projects. What has the renewal that is Spring brought you?
Blessings,
Karen

13 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

I'm so glad you got your car and are enjoying it! That's wonderful. :)

Holidays are the worst when you lose someone, aren't they? So many memories...

I'm STARTING to feel renewed...I'm thinking tomorrow will be the renewal.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Joanne said...

Wow, 600 miles on one tank! That's amazing. Our gas here is back up to $3.00 a gallon, so I'll be thinking of you when I fill up :/

Spring's renewal here comes in the shape of my little garden. I'll be getting it ready soon for the tomato seedlings, a little eggplant and lettuce, and many flowers on the border. Love fresh veggies right from my own backyard :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You've named your car - that means it's a keeper!

Sorry your Easter lunch felt empty without your mother in law. Just keep taking it one step at a time.

Spring has brought pollen to NC. And I finally washed my SUV this weekend!

Jody Hedlund said...

Oh we're having absolutely gorgeous spring weather, very early for central Michigan, but I'm not complaining! It's been wonderful to get outside and let the fresh air in the house to blow out all our germs!

Tamika: said...

Sring is here- woohoo! Praise Jesus! My joy overflows because this time of year I trudge off my sluggish attitude. I feel renewed in every sense of the word. I get busy this time of year and a lot gets accomplished.

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I have always considered myself directionally challenged and can really identify with your getting lost issues.

I’m getting that spring cleaning itch, but it usually goes away before I have a chance to actually act on it!)

Cyndi said...

I'm directionally challenged myself so I think I NEED this car! Holidays are so difficult when someone important is missing. Good to hear you are starting to feel normal. Spring is a beautiful thing. So far it is helping me a lot in just overall mood.

arlee bird said...

Millie sounds like a dream car-- I'll have to get something like that someday.
I'll tell you what's gotten me rejuvenated for April is my Blogging From A to Z April Challenge. Can't believe how it took off, but it has really inspiring as well as tiring.
Lee

Marvin D Wilson said...

I can feel the renewed energy in you in this post. Feels good, hmm? You read my post today so you know what spring energy has brought to The Old Silly, lol.

This book has been an idea I've had for like 3 years, and I've tried several times to start writing it but - nothing. Just forced crap. The all of a sudden a couple weeks ago the characters came to life, and said, "NOW! We want you to write about us now. Hurry up, we have lots to say and do, old man!"

LOL, I love it when that happens ...

The Old Silly

Elspeth Antonelli said...

600 miles on one tank of gas? I'm envious. I'm not directionally challenged, but I don't like spending money on gas. I too, am feeling re-energized about my work. Time to remove the clutter and move ahead.

Helen Ginger said...

I want a GPS! I'd take a Millie, too.

I cleaned the windows and Spring was able to get in the house. Now, I need to mop and dust. Spring has brought me housework. There are good things to be said about dark Winter.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Jen said...

Fun blog!!! I love spring it brings around so many amazing feelings!!! Gives my writing a whole new perspective!

Anonymous said...

After years of saying I would, I finally took photos of blooming trees in Albuquerque. See my FB page. It was a FB friend in Japan posting pictures of blooming cherry trees that got me going. I also got in some good singing with some great friends;)
-Simona