Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, May 21, 2010

Gratitude Day

I am hereby declaring today Gratitude Day. Here are 10 things I am grateful for.
  1. My physical, emotional and spiritual well being at the moment.
  2. The inner peace that has come as a result of all my hard work and the Grace of Spirit.
  3. All of you who visit this blog, even those of you who just lurk and don't leave comments.
  4. The love and support of my family and friends.
  5. My Sugartime singing group
  6. My folkdance community
  7. My amazing hubby for his emotional, financial, and spiritual support
  8. Books, books, books, books, books, books...
  9. Writing, writing, writing, writing, writing, writing...
  10. This incredible gift called LIFE.
How about you? Can you give me 10 things you are grateful for right this very moment.

Blessings,
Karen

14 comments:

MissV said...

Hmmm, still a little groggy, but let's try.

1. I'm grateful the rain is over and it's going to be a beautiful sunny day.
2. I'm grateful that we are financially sound enough to let hubby go to Vegas for the weekend.
3. I'm grateful that I trust hubby alone in Vegas for the weekend (hahaha)
4. I'm grateful today is payday!
5. I'm grateful for my health and the health of my family. Have only had allergies / colds for the last year or so. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
6. I'm grateful that I enjoy blogging as much as I do.
7. I'm grateful that I get to meet old friends for drinks tonight.
8. I'm grateful for my life...everything seems to be in sync right now.
9. I'm grateful my family. Wonderful husband and three energetic, precious children.
10. I'm grateful for my ability to write.

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Very cool list and idea.
1. Good night sleep last night
2. Sun out
3. Sound of my kids voices
4. Healthy
5. Brownies on the counter for me to eat later
6. Intriguing books
7. Love of writing
8. Desire to learn
9. Husband who loves me
10. Dog that's still ticking

~ Wendy

L. Diane Wolfe said...

#10 probably sums them all up!
1 - cool weather
2 - a husband who ROCKS!
3 - my dorky cats
4 - my speaking career
5 - my friends
6 - my church
7 - my health
8 - the stability of my home
9 - a vehicle that runs
10 - the promise of greater things to come!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

YOUR #10 I meant - LOL!

Cyndi said...

Sure!!
1. It's Friday!
2. Sunshine & warmer weather
3. DayQuil
4. My 2 amazing sons
5. Hubby
6. Good friends
7. Chicago Blackhawks in the playoffs
8. My health
9. Books books books books
10. Great blogs, present company included

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mason Canyon said...

I'm going to be different and just say #10 sums it up perfect. Have a great weekend.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Maribeth said...

This incredible gift called LIFE.
I'm with Mason. #10 sums it up nicely.
Maribeth
Giggles and Guns

Joanne said...

1. Writing
2. Coffee
3. Daughter #1
4. Daughter #2
5. Hubby
6. Puddin (cat)
7. Tomato patch planted
8. Music/concerts
9. Birds chirping outside my window right now
10. Writing and coffee together

Helen Ginger said...

1. I'm back in my office again
2. Have Internet connection again
3. Blogger friends
4. Two lunches set up this month with writer friends
5. Sunshine
6. Daughter, who is coming for a visit in about a month
7. Son, who is also house sitter and a cutie-patootie
8. Strawberries from the garden
9. First meeting last night of the Chairs for the Texas Book Festival (October is coming soon!)
10. Husband who puts up with me.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

My family
A quiet house
Writing
Friends
Healthy, happy children
Books
Blogging friends
The nature outside my window
The library
The wonders of technology

I think I need to do this more often!

Jemi Fraser said...

There are so many things I'm grateful for on a daily basis: kids, hubby, other family, health, my job, sunshine, writing, friends, love & the Space Channel :)

Glynis said...

1: My health is good
2: DH and my adult children
3: I have good friends
4: I have a good life
5: Blogging friends who support me
6: Editing is going well
7: I can read and write
8: Time is my own
9: The food from my garden
10: Modern technology

Have a peaceful weekend.

The Old Silly said...

Great idea - Gratitude Day. Hmm, lessee ...

I can see, hear, feel, taste, and smell, all five senses work, so grateful for all senses working. Also grateful for:

Grace
relatively good health, I am still mobile...
My ability to write literature
My ability to appreciate, write, and play music, and...
Having love in my life, especially God's love for me.

Rayna M. Iyer said...

I was feeling a little low, so read this again, and felt much better. Yes, we have so much to be grateful for.