Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy trails to you...

Does anyone remember the song Roy Rogers and Dale Evans sang at the end of their show. I'm going back to the 1950's folks, so many of you are too young. But it went:
Happy trails to you, until we meet again
Happy trails to you, keep smiling on till then
Happy trails to you, till we meet again.

Seems fitting, since we're leaving on our trip to Grand Teton and Yellowstone. I have scheduled random thought posts while we're away, but I won't be visiting other blogs for the next 10 days or so. I will miss you guys, but please don't forget me. I'll be back blogging on 6/7.

Blessings,
Karen

14 comments:

Maribeth said...

Havw a great time! See you in June.

Vicki Rocho said...

Enjoy your trip! Oh, and take lots of pictures! Natural beauty is inspiring!

Mason Canyon said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy. See ya when you get back.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Take photos!!!!! And have a great time.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

You're going to have such a wonderful time! Can't wait to see your pictures. :)

KarenG said...

I remember that song, in fact it's running through my head right now thanks to you. Have fun at Yellowstone! I'm so jealous.

Joanne said...

Have a great vacation, see you on the flip side!

Jen Chandler said...

Have a MARVELOUS trip! You deserve the rest. Of course we won't forget you! We'll be eager to hear all about your vacation when you get back!

Happy Friday!
Jen

arlee bird said...

I used to watch Roy Rogers all the time-- was it Saturday mornings it used to come on? I always liked, but could never understand, the guy who drove the jeep. I guess I didn't understand how a jeep could be in cowboy days and did't think that cowboys could exist in modern days.

Have a great trip! That's some beautiful country.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Helen Ginger said...

Have a fabulous time. Drive carefully. Take pictures. And come back.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Patricia Stoltey said...

Hi Karen --You'll be getting back about the time I take off for another week of fun. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

The Old Silly said...

Yes I remember that song, love it, and happy travelling trails to you, Karen!

Jemi Fraser said...

Have a safe and happy trip :)

Enid Wilson said...

Enjoy! That seems a great song, pretty jolly.

Really Angelic