Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Musings

Buddy's culture came back negative, so he doesn't have an infection. WE're still waiting to hear what that means in terms of why he's insulin resistant. In the meantime, when hubby and I talked about our trip, he told me that if we don't go, he won't be able to take a vacation till November. He needs a break - his work has been rather intense for several months now.

So husband trumps doggie. But we decided to go for 8 days rather than 16. I'm just hoping Buddy will be well enough for us to do this. If he isn't, we will can't go. Oy vay.

In terms of my writing, I am in this amazing process of connecting with the character who whispered to me in the Magic Forest at Blarney Castle in Ireland. As I open up more and more to this experience, the richer it becomes. I am in awe of how Spirit can work, because I am clear this is a spiritual journey that will eventually become a book.

That's all for now.
Blessings,
Karen

16 comments:

Maribeth said...

Karen,
Hope all goes well for your family and Buddy.
Looking forward to that book you're carrying with you.
Maribeth
Giggles and Guns

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's wonderful you are inspired!

Sorry the situation with Buddy isn't improving.

Kristi said...

Best of luck to you, hubby, and Buddy.

And with your writing journey...how I dream of going to Ireland one day! Hang in there!

Mason Canyon said...

Hopefully the vet will have even more good news about treatment for Buddy.

Sounds like your writing is going well. Good luck.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Joanne said...

I'm so glad your fiction writing is coming together. It's a great feeling, isn't it? And best wishes to poor Buddy, I hope you get good news.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

I'm so glad about the character coming to life! That's wonderful.

Hope Buddy is feeling better soon...

Linda said...

Such a good feeling when one's writing is flowing and coming together, isn't it! Best wishes with your Buddy....

MissV said...

You've got so much on your plate right now. I hope you are able to get that vacation in

Janet Johnson said...

Best wishes with Buddy! Hope you enjoy your 8 days. Vacations are coveted moments.

Helen Ginger said...

For all three of you, I hope you get to go on vacation!

Helen
Straight From Hel

Jen Chandler said...

Here's hoping Buddy is well and you guys can go on a much needed vacation!
Best of luck with the writing!
Jen

Elspeth Antonelli said...

I've always found the beginning of the fictional writing process to be the most exciting. Everything is possible and the story can go anywhere. Enjoy the infinite horizons! Here's hoping Buddy's problems will prove to be small and easily managed.

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I hope Buddy is better soon, so you can enjoy your trip without worrying about him. I love it when I connect with my characters – it makes it much easier to tell their story.

Marvin D Wilson - The Old Silly said...

"this is a spiritual journey that will eventually become a book."

Yes!

Jemi Fraser said...

I hope he's feeling well soon! And I hope you can both earn a well-deserved vacation!

Anonymous said...

It sure took your Irish muse a long while to get back to you. I'm glad he finally has. Write 'till your hand cramps.
-Simona