Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Random Thought - Thursday

Take a vacation for a moment today. Let go of your to-do list. Let go of your responsibilities--just for a moment. Forget the laundry, the grocery store, dinner tonight. Just be. For a second. Close your eyes. Take a few deep breaths. Listen to the silence.

Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

MissV said...

(typing in a whisper so as not to break anyone's silence)

This is so important to do! I don't turn the radio on in the car anymore. I wallow in the silence. I've had some of the greatest ideas doing this. It's great when you hush the outside world for a bit so you can hear yourself think.

Cyndi said...

Every day I say I'm going to do this. Every day, I don't do this. I'm on it...today's the day! :)

Sharon said...

Ah, beautiful thought. Thanks for the reminder. Shall we meet "at the beach"? Hope you are feeling better.

Mason Canyon said...

Moment vacations, now that could come in handy for stressful days. Thanks.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Joanne said...

It's amazing how even a few precious moments away make a difference. Thanks, Karen.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Taking deep breath!
Any chance you'll see Helen Ginger while she's in ABQ?

arlee bird said...

Vacation would be nice. I still am posting daily because it's a goal. Right now I'm going to walk to Walmart to buy some envelopes and feel the cool morning air and watch the traffic.
Hey it's the city. But it's my little morning break.

Lee

Elspeth Antonelli said...

Thanks for the reminder.

KarenG said...

I actually did that. I've been fighting a cold so I listened to the silence and slept for about 3 hours. It was wonderful.

Jen said...

How wonderful!! I really need to do that but the blog seems to keep me glued to the computer!!! I need to take a break before I break, LOL