Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Random Thought - Wednesday

I was supposed to be going to the beach today. Lincoln City on the Oregon Coast. One of the magic places on the planet, in my humble opinion. When I go to the ocean, my spiritual life deepens. The energy speaks to me in ways nothing else does. Instead, I am home sick with bronchitis. Using ocean as metaphor, what does it say to you?

Blessings,
Karen

13 comments:

Tabitha Bird said...

Using the Ocean metaphor I would say that all oceans no matter how beautiful come with waves that can knock you flat. There in lies the perfect imperfectness of beauty :)

Get better soon you poor thing! Waves suck sometimes!

Mason Canyon said...

You're travel luck sounds like mine except something usually tears up with me or quits working when I want to go somewhere. Hope you're feeling better soon. Take care.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Cold As Heaven said...

Ocean is everything; ocean is freedom >:)

Cold As Heaven

Helen Ginger said...

I'm a water person. I love the ocean, the sand, the sounds, the calm with the roar beneath. I love it all. If you didn't get to go today, I hope you do soon.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Cyndi said...

I could go on and on about the ocean. I'm going myself in TWO DAYS!! Bronchitis or not! I don't get there often but to me the ocean represents peace and puts things in perspective by it's sheer vastness. The sounds, the smells....it is my ultimate happy place. Hope you are feeling better soon!!

T. Anne said...

I love the ocean. God's beautiful creation never ceases to amaze me!!!

carolynyalin said...

I love the ocean and is a great metaphor. It can be a thing of beauty and destruction.

I hope you feel better soon, we just got over some nasty virus here.

Elspeth Antonelli said...

I love the ocean; since I grew up on the west coast it was a constant companion. I love lakes as well. There is no more peaceful sound in the world than tiny waves lapping on the shore.

Get better soon, Karen. The ocean will wait for you. Water is patient.

Ann said...

Hope you feel better soon!

The sea soothes my spirit and my soul. The place I go for comfort and/or clear thinking.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Oh, the beach is my favorite place. It's the #1 place to recharge for me and just clear out my head.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

MissV said...

So sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better soon.

I love the beach. Perfect place to rejuvenate!

arlee bird said...

Hope you feel better soon. Being sick is kind of a hassle.

Lee

Glynis said...

I was born by the sea and it heals my woes. I have to live at least 15 mins away from it to feel whole.
I have just had a browse through your posts. You keep singing,(well after you feel better), never mind the rest of the world. Life is to short to stop singing. :)