Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Telling the truth Tuesday - Tired of feeling tired

Bronchitis lingers, I'm told. Grrrr. I no longer feel like there's an elephant sitting on my chest, but I still don't have my normal get up and go. It got up and went. My breathing is still shallow and I tire easily. I'm tired of feeling tired.

Being sick is like a time-out from life. Laundry languishes in the laundry basket. Groceries stay in the supermarket. Dust gathers on the furniture. Words build up inside my soul. Even though hubby takes care of the routine stuff, I begin to feel disconnected - from everything and everyone.

Maybe that's the purpose of being sick. It's like a battery going dead. It needs to recharge. Maybe my battery is taking a little longer to re-charge this time. System alert--pay attention here. Keep your eye on the charger - is it working properly or is it stuck at 80%?

If I look at this metaphysically, I can accept more easily accept what is happening. Slowing down can be a good thing. Today I am going to make a point of consciously reducing my speed. Long, slow, deep breaths, smaller steps, pausing to stop and think.

How about you?

Blessings,
Karen

5 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Slowing down will help. Our bodies do have a way of getting our attention sometimes.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Helen Ginger said...

Oh, I so feel for you. I used to get bronchitis every year. It just knocks you to the floor and drains all energy. Unfortunately, I can't even tell you why I don't seem to get it anymore. I don't know why, but I haven't been hit with it in several years.

Rest, rest, rest.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Elspeth Antonelli said...

I had bronchitis once and once was enough. This too shall pass, Karen. Take your time and get better.

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I’m learning that slowing down occasionally is not always a bad thing...but bronchitis shouldn't be the reason. Hope you feel 100% soon.

Jemi Fraser said...

Take care of yourself - I hope you feel back to your normal self soon. I'm always tired - life is fun, but it's also very, very full! :)