Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A wee bit of hope

As those of you who are regular readers of this blog know, our dog, Buddy, is quite ill with diabetes and that we have been unable to get his blood sugar levels regulated. A dear friend suggested getting a second opinion, which we did. I am just a wee bit hopeful after speaking with this Vet. She said large dogs like Buddy can get larger doses of insulin and we should up the dose and re-test him. We are doing that and will test again on Friday, the day before we leave for Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Keep your fingers crossed for this precious doggie, okay?

Blessings,
Karen

12 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Crossing fingers, toes and saying a prayer.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Will do, Karen! Hope everything turns out well for Buddy.

Joanne said...

Crossing my fingers, and adding a coffee toast to Buddy's health as well :)

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Fingers crossed here, too.

Elspeth Antonelli said...

Crossing my fingers, toes and eyes! (which makes typing rather difficult). Glad you got a second opinion!

Jen Chandler said...

Fingers crossed and toes, heck, I'd cross my eyes if that would work :) Sending up a few prayers too!

Helen Ginger said...

Crossing fingers for Buddy. Really hope this works!

Helen
Straight From Hel

Vicki Rocho said...

Crossing everything I've got!

Ann Best said...

My fingers are crossed in a prayer!!

Jemi Fraser said...

Crossing all crossibles - good luck :)

Tabitha Bird said...

Oh, I am thinking of him :) Fingers crossed :)

Thanks for visiting my blog while I am away. Enjoy your trip too.

Karen Walker said...

Gosh, so many fingers crossed around the blogosphere, I am more than a wee bit hopeful.
Blessings,
Karen