Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Telling the Truth Tuesday - Home sweet home


As wonderful as travel is, it is always so nice to come home. I am not feeling like myself. The trip was awesome, but I had an incident while climbing up and down 600 feet to the top of a waterfall in the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. My heart started pounding and racing, I felt weak and nauseous. It was scary. Someone said perhaps it was altitude sickness, but I live in altitude in NM. I'm going to get it checked out. In the meantime, here are some photos from our trip. The wildlife and nature were mystical and magical.


Blessings, Karen

11 comments:

The Old Silly said...

Wow - awesome. Those pics had me SO there!

KarenG said...

Welcome home! And I hope you feel great with no after effects. It could have been dehydration as well. *hugs*

Vicki Rocho said...

*putting my chair lakeside and just chillin' until my butt goes numb*

Joanne said...

Beautiful images, nature is so majestic. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Crystal Clear Proofing said...

Gorgeous pictures, Karen! I'm glad to hear that you're getting that checked out … probably was just the exertion, dehydration - but it's always good to have it confirmed.

You're right. There is no place like home, Me...I'm getting a little cabin fever though. It's simply missing all my blogging buddies! After such a l-o-n-g absence, I will be returning tomorrow! Gosh it'll be great to get back in the swing of things!

Kristi said...

Wow...what amazing photos! Thanks for sharing!

Maribeth said...

AMAZING!

Maribeth
Giggles and Guns

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

There is no place like home. Gorgeous pictures once again. I hope everything checks out OK with you.

Mason Canyon said...

Awesome photos. Take care of yourself. Glad you're back.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Helen Ginger said...

Karen, those are fabulous pictures! Wow, wow and wow.

Hope you're doing better and whatever tests you have done come out okay. Thinking about you.

Straight From Hel

Jen Chandler said...

Gorgeous pictures! I do hope you're feeling better now and that it was just the altitude or the strenuous hike. Keep us posted and know that good vibes are coming your way from Georgia!

Happy Weekend,
Jen