Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Monday Musings - Independence Day

Today our country celebrates its independence. We are so very lucky to live in a country in which we are free to do as we please. Rather than think about all the countries who are not so fortunate, I just want to celebrate freedom in all its manifestations.

Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

Rayna M. Iyer said...

Happy Fourth of July, Karen.

People little understand how important a freedom, the freedom to think and speak is.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Happy July 4th, Karen! Hope you have a happy day.

Mason Canyon said...

Have a safe and Happy 4th of July.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Mary said...

Have a great 4th, Karen!

Mary
Giggles and Guns

The Old Silly said...

Happy 4th to you too, Karen! And I am with you all the way with this freedom and independence muse.

Patricia Stoltey said...

Happy 4th, Karen. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Jemi Fraser said...

Enjoy your celebrations - freedom is a wonderful reason to celebrate :) Happy 4th!

Helen Ginger said...

Hope you have a wonderful day. So far, I've had a great one.

Straight From Hel

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I’ve been fortunate to live in some pretty nice countries, but never found a place I’d even think of living permanently other than the U.S.A.
Living abroad made me appreciate America more. Hope you had a wonderful long weekend.

Tabitha Bird said...

Heres to freedom then.

I too am grateful for the freedom I have to pursue my life. Australia is also the land of opportunity... for those who can take it by the hand :)

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I never thought of that being a poem. Those words just fell out of me. I am glad they touched you :) That makes writing worth it.