Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, August 13, 2010

Awards Friday

Before we begin today's post, I want to let you know that I have a guest post on Tabitha Bird's blog
http://tabithabird.blogspot.com/. If you haven't already done so, you must check out her blog. She is one of the best writers I've come across in bloggydom. Tab was concerned about the "bad rap" memoir seems to have and asked me to write about the power of memoir. If you have a chance, please stop there today and say hello.

Ann Best, passed along the Circle of Friends award to me while I was away at folkdance camp. If you haven't done so already, please check out Ann's blog. She is a gifted writer and her blog is one of the blessings I've found in bloggydom: http://ann-jen.blogspot.com/

As is the custom, I must pass along this award to five other deserving bloggers. And let them know about it. Oh, it is so hard to choose just five, but here goes.

Glynnis Smy at http://www.glynissmy.com/
Mason Canyon at http://masoncanyon.blogspot.com/
Jemi Fraser at http://jemifraser.blogspot.com/
Sharon Lippincott at http://losalamosgirlhood.wordpress.com/
Tabitha Bird at http://tabithabird.blogspot.com/

Please give yourselves a gift and check out these wonderful bloggers. Each one has something unique to share with us.

Blessings,
Karen

13 comments:

Rayna M. Iyer said...

I know three of the people you have passed the award onto, and they are as wonderful as you. Congratulations on the Award- you definitely deserve it, and more.

Tabitha Bird said...

Oh thanks Karen! That is a cool award. I sent you an email too :)

Thank you for your kind words about my writing. I am smiling BIG! :)

Jayne said...

Congratulations on your Award, Karen, and to the others as well! Will pop over to Tabitha's blog now. :)

Jules said...

New here, found you through "Tossin It Out." I'm going to check out the other blogs. :D
Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Clarissa Draper said...

COngrats on the award and I will check out the other blog.

CD

Mason Canyon said...

Congratulations on the award Karen and thanks for sharing it with me. I am honored to be included in your circle of friends and grateful to have you in mine. Have a great weekend. Popping over now to see you at Tabitha's.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Karen Walker said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone. And Jules, welcome - thanks for taking the time to stop by.
Nice to "meet" you.
Karen

The Old Silly said...

Congrats, Karen, and welcome to the Circle of Friends!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

An award after my own heart...

Sharon Lippincott said...

Thank you Karen. I'm honored to be a recipient, and I look forward to visiting a couple of the blogs I don't recognize.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Hi Karen...read your guest post on Tabitha's blog. I just love the title of your book. Congrats for your award!

Karen Walker said...

Thanks so much, Rachna. I love the title, as well.
Karen

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks so much Karen! I was out of town until yesterday and I'm just catching up on all the news now :) I really appreciate you thinking of me - you're such a sweetie! Thanks :)