Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Musings

I was supposed to be in Portland, OR this week, visiting friends. A niggling voice whispered not to go and it's good I didn't. I need to be with a family member in October and transferred my flight for then. I have decided to use this week to re-engage with my writing, which has been derailed because of having to deal with other things. Since I didn't have any appointments on my calendar because I was supposed to be gone, it's a perfect time for a self-guided, mini writing retreat.

I will blog sporadically, as the focus will be on writing (not blog posts). So, be well, everyone, and I'll be back in touch soon.

Blessings,
karen

12 comments:

Glynis said...

You keep writing. I am a few pages into Following the Whispers and am blown away with it.

Mason Canyon said...

Hope all goes well with your writing. Take a little time for yourself and relax too.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Karen Walker said...

Glynis, I am continually blown away every time sometime tells me they've gotten my book and are reading it. Thank you.
Mason, Thanks. I'm trying...
Karen

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Enjoy your mini-retreat! Those don't come often.

Helen Ginger said...

See ya soon, Karen. Have fun. Write, write, write. And enjoy the retreat.

T. Anne said...

Enjoy your writing retreat! We all need that sometimes!

Connie Arnold said...

Hope you enjoy your retreat and all goes well with your writing!

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

You may have come up with the perfect way to schedule quality writing time. Enjoy!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Have a great productive retreat...Enjoy your time. :)

arlee bird said...

There is reason for everything. Have some productive writing time!

Lee
Tossing It Out

Vicki Rocho said...

The voice won out after all! I'd love a week (or weekend) to write uninterrupted. Ahhhhh. Enjoy!

Patricia Stoltey said...

Mini-writing retreats at home are great. I wish you much writing success.

I always set up a mini-retreat when my hubby plays in a bridge tournament. Long stretches of silence with no errands to run are heavenly. The only thing I have to watch out for is the lure of the Internet.