Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Telling the Truth Tuesday - more folkdance fun

<>>
<>
<><>
Hungarian dance Szegenes

Y'all seemed to enjoy the pics from folkdance camp so much, I thought I'd post some more. Enjoy! Formatting these was a nightmare, as you can see. Sorry about that, folks. Blessings, Karen

<><>
<><>
Your truly belting out Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend

14 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Shake it, Karen!

Jemi Fraser said...

Looks like so much fun!! :)

Helen Ginger said...

Love, love, love you in the wig and decked out in the gloves. Did you record yourself? You could play it here on your blog. (Don't know how, but do know it can be done.)

Jen Chandler said...

That looks like a blast! And I love the wig. You go girl!

Thanks for the comment over at my place. I'm looking forward to getting back in the groove of things :)

Happy week,
Jen

Rayna M. Iyer said...

You look fantastic, Karen. And you do seem to have had a blast.

Karen Walker said...

There is a recording, Helen, but I don't think I want to post it here. At some point, Sugartime will record some songs and I will post those. This performance was more of a skit then an attempt at good vocals. It was,however, a total blast to do.
Thanks everyone for the kind comments.
Karen

Jules said...

This looks like great fun! Love the wig too :D

I forgot to thank you for the well wishes concerning my father, sorry. I was a bit out of it, Thank You
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Patricia Stoltey said...

Great wig, Karen. These are fun photos. And I second Helen's suggestion -- you really should have someone with a flip camera film your performance and post it here. We'd love it.

Anonymous said...

You can never have enough photos. Thanks for posting these.
-Simona

Theresa Milstein said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun!

The Old Silly said...

Looks like an absolute gas ... I've GOT to come join you sometime!

Crystal Clear Proofing said...

Oh I love Helen's idea! Karen, you simply must upload a video for us, and make sure you're singing! Seriously, if you don't know how I'll help you. I think everyone would genuinely enjoy such a treat!

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Love these pictures! You look like you're having such a great time. And we all need to hear a clip of you sometime, if you're comfortable sharing it!

arlee bird said...

I vote for the video as well. You look like quite the showwoman.

Lee
Tossing It Out