Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'm Back....

The writing is happening again. I cannot tell you how relieved I am. It is coming in fits and spurts, but it is coming. All I have to do is show up, meaning set aside the time, and focus. Over and over again, I come back to trusting myself and the process. It is all I can do. When self-doubt arises, I must recognize it and ask it to leave because there is no room in my life for questioning what I know I am meant to do. And I am meant to do it, whether or not anyone ever reads the words which emerge from my soul.

Thank you all for reading these words. It means the world to me.
Blessings,
Karen

9 comments:

Clarissa Draper said...

I'm glad you're back in the groove. I have times where writing is difficult and I'm so happy when I can start again.

CD

Mason Canyon said...

Sometimes it just needs a little break to regroup itself and then it's there again. Happy writing.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Run with it! Write like a maniac.

Joanne said...

Sounds like you're really "owning" your identity as a writer. And look at the good things that follow when you do ... Bring on the words :)

Jessica Carmen Bell said...

Glad you got the fits and spurts back! Such a great feeling, innit?

Jules said...

I think when we learn to let go and just do because of desire, well great things happen. :)

Just be careful of where you have these fits and spurts :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Mary said...

There are times when fits and spurts are way more productive than long stretches that leave you wondering what you're doing. Glad you are back.

Mary

Anonymous said...

I lurked.

-Simona

Patricia Stoltey said...

These breaks are so good for us, but I'm glad you're back anyway.

And here's a link for you to Tabitha Bird's touching post about why she writes. I think it's something you'll want to read: http://tabithabird.blogspot.com/2010/09/this-is-why-i-write.html

Patricia