Welcome to Following the Whispers blog
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.
“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf
“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher
“The way to do is to be.” Loots
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt
Monday, September 20, 2010
Top Ten TV Shows - blogfest
I'm going to work backwards from when I was a child to current time (that's 61 years, folks).
10. The Donna Reed Show (I know, I know, it's probably the root of all my problems).
9. The Mickey Mouse Club (I had a crush on Spin from Spin and Marty, so I had to watch every day)
8. American Bandstand - who can forget rating the songs based on the beat and how well you could dance to it.
7. The Ed Sullivan Show - Who remembers watching the Beatles - I was bouncing up and down on the edge of the bed in my parent's bedroom (the TV was there) and I remember Dad saying, "Oh, they'll never last."
6. Thirtysomething - I think this was on in the 80's when I was in my thirties. Their angst made me forget mine for awhile.
5. The West Wing - the writing was so incredibly sharp on this show, as was the acting.
4. Brothers and Sisters - Sally Field is awesome in this.
3. PBS music shows of the 50's and 60's. My singing group is called Sugartime, after the famous McGuire Sisters song. I got to see them sing the song a few weeks ago. Lovely.
2 American Idol - although not sure I'll watch it anymore now that 3 judges have left at the same time.
1. Glee - it's not my favorite show of all time, but I'm loving the singing on it. Such talent.
What are your favorite TV shows and why?