Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, October 8, 2010

Unplugging

Dear Readers,

Alex Cavanaugh http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/ was kind enough to give me this award. It so suits where I am right now. I've been to several parties and don't feel like talking to anyone. I am beginning to inhabit the time period I am writing in and my characters. I used to read about fiction writers and wonder what it might be like for this to happen. It is a bit weird. Thank you, Alex, for thinking of me.


On another note, I will be traveling next week to deal with my family member who is having health issues, so I will be unplugged until Monday, October 18. Be well everyone and I'll catch up when I return.
Blessings,
Karen

15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Safe travels, Karen!

Mary said...

Be safe. Prayers for you and your family.

Glynis said...

Safe journey and take care.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Hope you have a safe trip...and hope your family member is better soon.

I'm a little glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like talking at parties. :)

Jules said...

My thought and prayers go with you. May your travels be safe.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Lynn said...

That is a cool award. Congratulations! May your travels be safe and healthy thoughts your way for your family member.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

My prayers are with you Karen.

Tamika: said...

Be careful Karen. You are in my prayers:)

Patricia Stoltey said...

Karen, I hope all goes well in the coming week for you and your family member. Take care of yourself.

Karen Walker said...

Thank you all so much for the good wishes.
Blessings,
Karen

Tabitha Bird said...

All the best for that trip.

I love the coffee mug. I need one. :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Take care of yourself too, Karen!

Mason Canyon said...

Take care on your trip and hope your family members is better.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Ellie said...

Have a safe trip; Hope seeing family will help your situation~

KK Brees said...

Safe travels, Karen. Love the mug. Gotta get one.