Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Musings

All is well with Sugartime. The member who left shared that it was absolutely the right decision for her--space is already opening up in her life for more of what her heart wants to do. Whew!

I had a week of technology challenges, but things seem to have settled down in that area. I hired a sound technician from Grandma's (where I bought all our equipment) and will get lessons on what the knobs and buttons do and how and when to use them. We replaced cheap cables with better ones, and will learn how to set the headset volumes to match each other. Who would have thought I'd be into all this stuff at 61. It's a blast, but challenging and frustrating as well.

There is light at the end of the tunnel on hubby's major project. Maybe by the time we leave for our cruise, it will be completed and he can breathe a sigh of relief. I hope so. The stress is starting to get to him.

Haven't done much work on my novel and nothing on the nonfiction book, but I'm okay with that. I'm learning that each day is a journey and there are different steps to take each day, depending on my energy and where Spirit is leading me. If I pay attention to the signals my body is giving me, Sugartime is where my passion is right now. That doesn't mean I'm not passionate about writing, but the creative juices are flowing from my heart to my speaking voice, not my writing voice right now, so that is where I am.

How about you?
Blessings,
Karen

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Karen, you're never too old to go tech!

Gail said...

You are always where you are supposed to be.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Do what you are called to do!

Joanne said...

I always feel your passion for singing and music, there's a certain energy in your words. Follow your heart and enjoy the ride!

KK Brees said...

I have a terrific son in law who is going to install memory in my laptop over the holidays. He doesn't know this yet.

Glynis said...

You sound as if you are taking your singing on a new journey. I wish you well. x

Jules said...

Sounds like it is hard to write while reading an instruction manual :D I'll make a note of that.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Karen, if you’re doing something that makes you happy, you're doing something right!

Anonymous said...

I lurked.

-Simona