Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, December 3, 2010

Unexpected Blogcation

Thanks to everyone who continues to tune in to this blog and leave such kind, loving, thoughtful comments. It means more than I can say. Life has taken a difficult turn and I am going to take a break from blogging for the month of December. I just got back from a trip, have to leave Sunday for another week, back home for a week, than gone from 12/16 through 12/28. It's just too stressful to try to keep up with bloggydom.

Wishing everyone happy holidays and a very happy New Year.
Blessings,
Karen

17 comments:

Gail said...

Enjoy your break...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We'll miss you! Enjoy your Christmas holiday and come back to us refreshed.

Jules said...

Peace my child. Blogging should not be stressful and I'll be here when you return :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Karen, hope you return with a new spirit!

Jemi Fraser said...

So sorry to hear life has become so tough. I'll be thinking of you. Take care of yourself. See you in the new year.

Mason Canyon said...

Hopefully the difficult turn will smooth out and all will be well. Take care of yourself and have a Happy holiday. See ya soon.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Karen Gowen said...

Peace to you. Will see you when you are back, and I wish the very best at this difficult time to you and your family.

Debra L. Schubert said...

May peace and love be with you. Take good care, my friend. I'll see you after the new year.

KK Brees said...

Hope this is just one of those navigable bumps in the road. Peace and love to you.

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I hope everything turns out ok for you. Happy Holidays. I'll check back with you in the New Year

Jody Hedlund said...

Was wondering where you were! Hope your break is a good one!

Vicki Rocho said...

Wishing you all the best!

Ann said...

Better to take a break when needed than to crash and burn. Recharge....look forward to your return.
Have a wonderful Christmas.

Patricia Stoltey said...

Come back rested and refreshed, Karen. I'm taking a week off (not to mention treating myself very kindly this month). Sometimes we just have to take a break.

Ann Best said...

I'm glad you picked me to come over and see today! I hope you enjoy your month "off" from blogging and relish the holidays with your husband/family. We all need such a break. I will probably take another two-day respite from my lovely daughter. She loves it when her good friends take care of her, and she knows even though I go away from her for a time that I love her and that I need time to myself. Though care giving isn't an easy job, she makes it as easy as possible because she's so loving. She's really an Angel!

All special wishes and blessings for you!!!
Ann Best, Long Journey Home

Jules said...

Just stopped by to wish you a Merry Christmas.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Kathy Pooler said...

Hi Karen,

I hope you return from your "blogcation" renewed and refreshed

Blessings for the New Year

Kathy