Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, January 7, 2011

Caribbean Cruise photos

For those of you who asked, here are some photos from the Caribbean cruise.





Me on the beach in San Juan Puerto Rico

View from Old Fort in San Juan

More of San Juan

There were hundreds of these fellows at the Old Fort


Couldn't get enough of the ocean


street in Old San Juan



The first of many Pina Coladas

The Celebrity Summit leaves port

Dancing the night away (not my hubs in the photo)

San Juan from the ship

It's funny how quickly the benefits of vacations disappear once you are back in the real world. You have the memories, though. 
I want to thank everyone for the response to Tuesday's post on what we'd do if we only had six months to live. This new year appears to be a contemplative one for me. All I know so far as that I am moving differently through my world and it feels so weird I keep thinking there is something wrong with me. But I know there isn't. It's just change.

Blessings,
Karen

13 comments:

Rayna M. Iyer said...

Awesome photographs.
Welcome back, Karen, and here's wishing you a wonderfully happy and contemplative new year.

Tabitha Bird said...

Great photos! You are gorgeous! you know that, right? :)
X
Tab

Jules said...

Love the pics, especially the lizards :) Change is always weird but a necessary part of growing. My thoughts are still with you :)

Have a wonderful weird weekend my friend.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Karen Walker said...

Rayna, thanks and same to you.
Tab, I've been called many things in my life, but gorgeous was never one of them. Thanks, dear one, for making my day.
Jules, yes, the lizards were awesome. My thoughts are with you as well.
karen

Joanne said...

I love the ocean, I can practically smell the salt air from your gorgeous photographs of it :) It's such a peaceful tonic, cures what ails you ...

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I enjoyed the photos. It looks like you had a wonderful time. It is a shame that the rejuvenation effects of vacations disappear so quickly once they’re over.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Excellent photos! Looks like you had a blast.

Mason Canyon said...

Wonderful photos. I can see from these shots while the trip was so relaxing. Have a great weekend.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

It looks amazing and peaceful, Karen! Love these pictures. :)

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

Wonderful pictures! I'm glad you had a fun trip!
Doris

Jemi Fraser said...

What a beautiful section of the world! Thanks so much for sharing. I hope the benefits of the trip keep popping up for you! :)

Jen Chandler said...

Beautiful pictures! I really love the one of you dancing. You look very happy and carefree!! So glad you enjoyed yourself and your much needed vacation :D

Elizabeth Langosy said...

These are wonderful photos, Karen! You look fabulous, and so does Puerto Rico!