Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Musings: Entering the Magic Circle...Writing for My Life

My article, Entering the Magic Circle...Writing for my Life, is in the February issue of Talking Writing, on virtual stands today at:
http://talkingwriting.com/. Please take a few moments to check it out.

It felt so good to exercise these particular writing muscles. Had not written an article in quite a long time. For those of you that don't know, I had a 30+ year career in public relations, and so wrote lots of articles, mostly with other peoples' names on them.

The folks at Talking Writing have put together a quality publication. The whole experience was extremely professional, including editorial suggestions and copy editing. I strongly urge those of you interested in doing this kind of writing to check it out and submit your ideas.

Blessings,
Karen

14 comments:

Tabitha Bird said...

Awesome, I'll go check it out :)

Vicki Rocho said...

Congratulation, that's wonderful news!

Jules said...

Right after I say, "Congratulations on both the article and the writing muscles." :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's great, Karen!

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Great article, Karen! And thanks for introducing me to Talking Writing.

Karen Walker said...

Tabitha, I particularly thought of you regarding the magazine.
Vicki, thanks somuch.
Thanks, Jules.
Alex, thank you.
Elizabeth, I thought of you as well - I think you should definitely contact the editors.
Karen

AlexOngNYC said...

Great article! Thank you for sharing.

Alex
Breakfast Every Hour

The Old Silly said...

Mucho kudos, Karen, and I'll go check it out!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's wonderful! Way to stretch.

Joanne said...

Karen, I like the idea of you stepping up to that podium and stepping into the person you were meant to become. I can just see it, and know it's true. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Karen Walker said...

Alex, You are so welcome.
Hi Old Silly. Thanks.
Diane, yes, it's a great way to stretch different writing muscles.
Joanne, thank you. It is very true.
Blessings,
Karen

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I enjoyed your well-written article. I also bookmarked the site ao I can go back and explore when I have more time.

Elizabeth Langosy said...

Karen, thanks for your nice words about Talking Writing! It was a pleasure to work with you. "Entering the Magic Circle" is a wonderful addition to the issue, so thanks again for that as well.

Karen Walker said...

Jane, thanks for checking it out. It's definitely worth some time exploring.
Elizabeth, you are so welcome. Thanks for including me in this inspiring edition of the magazine.
karen