Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Telling the Truth Tuesday - A-Z Challenge - here we come!

This is my last post before the A-Z challenge begins on Friday, 4/1. So here's my truth. We can't control who visits our blog and who doesn't. I learned that a long time ago. Blogfest or no blogfest, we can only do the best we can with our posts and be good bloggydom citizens by visiting other blogs and sharing there. That's it.

So, I am hereby taking the action of participating in the challenge, but letting go of the results. The universe will see fit to bring me to new bloggy friends and hopefully bring new bloggy friends to me. Or not.

Blessings,
Karen

14 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Sounds like a very reasonable truth to me! Always good to remind myself of what I can control and what I can't. Best of luck with the challenge.

Vicki Rocho said...

So true! The challenge has grown to EPIC proportions. You'll have to visit 30 blogs a day JUST to get through the participants ONCE. Good luck!!!

Mason Canyon said...

Sounds like it's going to be an interesting challenge and you're right, there's only so much we can control. Good luck with the challenge and have fun.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Arlee Bird said...

Staying true to yourself and maintaining the established principles of your blog is the best thing you can do. That's what has drawn readers to your site in the first place and there is no reason to change. The Challenge is basically business as usual except it's open house where you invite in new people to see if they want to keep coming back.

You will do well.

Lee
Tossing It Out
Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

Talli Roland said...

I can't wait! It's going to be great. Do what you can and have fun!

Helen Ginger said...

I predict you will get a lot of new followers.

It'll be a lot of work, but have fun!

Mary Vaughn said...

If the only reason a person participate is to gain hundreds of followers that would indeed be sad.
I'm doing it for the discipline and and the FUN!

The Old Silly said...

Sounds about right to me. :-) But don't forget about us OLD bloggy friends, dear! (wink)

Murugi Njehia said...

I believe the most important thing is to enjoy the challange.Thanks for commenting on my blog: Her World. And yes...im a new follower all thanks to the A-Z Challange for making me meet you!

Bz said...

I can't wait to see if anything changes on my blog, I noted the stats, so I'll see in May when everything slows down again... I think. It's my first challenge :) I hope to see you soon!

Jules said...

Sorry took Tuesday off and what about us OLD bloggy friends?! :) I think the most important part of the challenge was signing up (LOL) now they have us.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Lynn said...

Alex gave me an idea on how to get to read through all the challengers for the blogfest. I won't be here everyday but at least once and wish you all the best! I hope it is fun for you too!

Monica said...

How very true that is!! Found you from the A-Z Challenge, it sounds like it’s going to be so much fun (with a bit of stress thrown in) and I can’t wait to get started!! I’m now following your blog on GFC and I hope you have a chance to check out my blog and maybe follow me back!!
Monica
http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

Tina said...

Hi Karen, nice to meet you! Looks like we have a lot in common! I went to several months of Al-Anon, so I know some of what you're referring to. (I read A, B, and C but am commenting just here.) (My wonderful parents aren't the problem, it's other family members and we'll leave it at that...) Looking forward to navigating this challenge together.
Tina @ http://kmdlifeisgood.blogspot.com/2010/06/if-this-is-thursdayi-think-im-in.html
Thanks for following!