Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, March 25, 2011

A-Z Challenge: Z - I'm ready!!

I'm ready for the  A-Z challenge. As ready as I'll ever be, I guess. I've got the other bloggers listed on a separate tab so it will be easy to go down the list each day and hopefully, connect with others by commenting. I've got all my blog posts written and scheduled to post on the specific days. I won't say whether they're any good or not, but they're written.

It's hard to imagine that 600 or so people who blog are willing to participate in something like this. I know Arlee Bird http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/, whose brainchild this is, has seen great success on his blog through doing this the first time. Others have as well.

I'm not sure what constitutes success for me, however. I write about different things than most other bloggers. I write about my personal journey, which doesn't seem to draw as many followers and steady readers as other blogs.

But I'm okay with that. This will be fun and challenging, hence the name A-Z challenge.
Only two more posts before we begin on 4/1.
Till then,

Blessings,
Karen

15 comments:

Jules said...

I'm so jealous! Not ready yet, not even close. Talk about cutting it close?! :)

BTW, your ability to share your journey is what I love about this blog, I think it is a success, but then who am I?! :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

The Old Silly said...

Good luck with the challenge, Karen - you can DO this! :-)

Karen Walker said...

Jules, it's just my nature to get things done ahead of time - I learned a long time ago that it stresses me way too much not to.
Old Silly, thanks.
Karen

Mason Canyon said...

Sounds like the challenge is going to be great fun. I'm in awe that you have your posts already done. I have a hard thinking of one every once in awhile. WOW. Good luck and looking forward to reading your posts.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Talli Roland said...

I can't wait - I'm sure it's going to be a great month! I plan to just go with it and see what I can come up with on the day.

Julie Musil said...

Karen, I wish you and all the other bloggers good luck with the challenge. It'll be fun popping around and reading what you all come up with :D

Karen Walker said...

Mason, thanks, it was fun trying to come up with ideas that match a letter.
Talli, brave girl. That intimidated me.
Julie, thanks. Yes, I think it will be fun popping around.
Karen

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Hope you'll have a great month! I'm interested in watching this challenge from the sidelines. :)

Arlee Bird said...

Good job Karen! I'm still not where I wanted to be by this time yet, but I'm working on it.
I guess we each measure success differently, but for the Challenge I think one measurement should be how much fun you have with it. With your posts done you're well on your way to a good time.

Lee
Tossing It Out
Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

Bish Denham said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Karen. As for the challenge....I'm ready!

Talei said...

Hi Karen,

Looking forward to it, I'm going with the fluid approach * laughs hysterically to self* Let's see what happens!

Am glad you found my blog, so lovely to 'meet' you too.

Vicki Rocho said...

Am I the only one not doing the A-Z challenge? After posting every day for a year, I decided to cut back to 3 days starting in April. Yeah, I could change my mind and put off the new schedule but I'm in desperate need of balance around here! LOL. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Ellie said...

Well done, Karen. I've fallen a little behind with my preparation. LOL. But I'll get there by Friday!

Amanda Trought said...

Karen, thanks for your visit and words...its great to see you on the challenge, I shall look forward to reading your posts:)

Retired Knitter said...

wow, how did you get all the links on your separate page. Was it just a copy and paste action?

Great job.