Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Award

I want to thank Dierdre at:
http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html
for giving me an award for inspiring blog. I am honored.
Blessings,
Karen

9 comments:

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Congrats on a well deserved award.

Yvonne,

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! Dierdre makes some cool awards, doesn't she?

Talli Roland said...

Congrats on the blog award, Karen!

Stephen Tremp said...

That's a beautiful award. Very nice. Much more sophisticated than my Meat and Potatoes Award LOL!

Lynda R Young said...

congrats on your award :)

Huntress said...

Congrats. Dierdre has a spectacular site and by all accounts is one spectacular lady as well.

Olivia J. Herrell said...

Congratulations, Karen, beautiful award! Just got done reading through your last several posts. Sounds like you and I have a lot in common. So great to have compadres along this excellent adventure called life.

Happy Sunday, that rebel, Olivia

Jules said...

Congrats my friend and you know how I feel about you :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Jingle said...

beautiful award, well deserved.