Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, May 27, 2011

Another review for Whispers

Today, Marvin Wilson (Old Silly) was kind enough to post a review of "Following the Whispers." Marvin and I swapped memoirs a while back and agreed to do this for each other. It's a nice way for writers to support one another. My review of his memoir is on Amazon and his for mine will now be there as well. If you have a chance, please head on over and check out what Old Silly had to say:  http://theoldsilly.com/
And if you haven't met the Old Silly before, you should check his blog out. He can be hilarious on hump day, serious in his pontifications, and a valuable resource for writers in his tutorials.

As for me, I am humbled by all the kindness I am experiencing from bloggydom. This is such a supportive, caring community we have created here. Talk about blessings....

Karen

20 comments:

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

That's a great review, Karen! Congrats!

Jules said...

I said the exact same thing about bloggydom today and yes it is such a blessing. Wishing you a wonderful holiday my friend. Be safe :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Joanne said...

We can always count on our fellow bloggers for support, can't we. There's something so nice about just knowing that there's a world of people out there inspiring us on.

Enjoy the holiday weekend ...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's awesome, Karen! And bloggers are cool that way.

Karen Walker said...

Marvin Wilson, you old Silly. You absolutely blew me away with this review. I am speechless, and in awe of your way with words. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this amazing review of my book and your words about me as a writer. I am humbled and filled with gratitude.

Paul, yes, thank you.
Jules, you, too, my dear.
Joanne, isn't it an awesome community of people?
Alex, bloggers are way cool!
Karen

Suze said...

'This is such a supportive, caring community we have created here.'

Could not agree more.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That is wonderful! I'll check out Marvin's post.

Dafeenah said...

Congrats! Will definitely check out his blog. You know I am looking for memoir writers.

Karen Walker said...

Suze, yes, it is - we are so lucky all of us.
Diane, thank you
Dafeenah, yes, Marvin is a good one to know
karen

Odie Langley said...

That was awesome Karen. He said what I wanted to say but he is so much better with words.

Karen Walker said...

Oh, Odie, you are such a sweetheart. Your genuineness comes thru so loud and clear.
Karen

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Congratulations on yet another terrific review, Karen. Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

The Old Silly said...

Karen you are so welcome. The review is well deserved, and thanks so much for the kinds words about my way with words! LOL - luv ya, hun!

Liz Fichera said...

So well deserved! And now I will check out the Old Silly's (love that name!) blog. Have a wonderful weekend, Karen!

D. Heath said...

It's always great for bloggers to support one another :)

Julie Musil said...

Karen, congratulations! This is so amazing. You're right about the writing/blogging community. I've never seen anything like it.

Pearson Report said...

Hi Karen - after a few weeks away, to recharge my batteries, I am dropping in to pass along my congratulations on the wonderful book review for Whispers.

You must be very pleased - and rightly so!

My next task it to purchase a copy of your book - it's on my to-do list for Sunday/Monday.

Cheers, Jenny

Talli Roland said...

Congratulations, Karen! I love how supportive everyone is.

Karen Walker said...

Susan, awww, thanks.
Liz, you'll enjoy the Old Silly
D. Heath, I've never seen anything like the support found here in bloggydom
Jenny, I am pleased and humbled and thank you!
Talli, me, too.
Karen

Hilary said...

Hi Karen .. looks like a good one - I'm glad Marvin 'forgot' til now .. because I've added your book to my list - just have to find the others and then I can do one order .. and will review etc in a few months ..

Cheers for now .. I do hope your book helps a few people - I'm sure it will .. Hilary