Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday Musings - oops

Apparently, when Blogger was down, the post I had scheduled for today got lost somewhere. Sigh!
Well, my Monday Musings will be short and sweet.

This was a great weekend. Sugartime sang on Saturday and we were interviewed for a story that will appear at the end of June. It was a bit distracting having a photographer take pics while we sang - and there were quite a few glitches with equipment, but all went reasonably well.

Friday night a close group of friends got together to celebrate an engagement of one of our closest friends. It was pure joy, although the prep for the meal was labor intensive, it was also a labor of love.

Sunday night we got to see the touring production of Grease. I'd seen the movie a bunch of times, but had not seen it live. The plot and dialogue leave a lot to be desired, but the singing and dancing were a blast.

This week I plan to make my way back into my novel. I am finding it harder and harder to face that blank page and it's because I'm too distracted to let myself go deep inside to the place where the writing comes from. I think it's time to clear large blocks of time just to sit and be and allow it to emerge. Wish me luck.

What are you musing about today?
Blessings,
Karen

17 comments:

Joanne said...

Good luck making your way back to the novel. I'm in the thick of a manuscript revision right now, and it feels good to be back inside a story.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Your weekend sounds like it was more fun than mine! And I had to force my post to go live this morning, too. At least the Weekend Sillies went off without a hitch.

Julie said...

Good luck with your novel, Karen! Your weekend sounds wonderful, and how exciting that there will be a story about Sugarland coming up in June. I hope you will share it with us, I'd love to read about your group.
The blogger problems sure were a nuisance last week, glad things are back to normal now!

Lisa said...

Good luck with your writing! I'm diving into my next project this week as well. Can't wait!

Jan Morrison said...

Getting back to work - that's what I'm not only musing about - I'm doing. And it KEEPS RAINING!

Odie Langley said...

Well Karen my musings are in the form of blogs which I posted 2 this weekend. It was a good one for sure. My monday is going about like a monday usually does with plenty of hicups along the way. Have a great week.
Odie

Karen Walker said...

Joanne, good luck with that.
Diane, yes, it was a lovely time. Love your Weekend Sillies.
Julie, yes, Blogger issues were problematic. Sigh! I will definitely post a link to the story when it appears.
Good luck, Lisa.
Jan, send some RAIN this way - we're desperate!
Odie, hey there - drink some water for those hiccups!
Karen

Melissa Sarno said...

Good luck getting back into your novel. I'm musing about music today (I like that, btw, 'musing about music') I don't want to do any work, I just want to listen to some tunes. I also attended the National Furniture Show today so I'm musing about furniture and what I would do with it if I had a lot of money :-)

Claudia Moser said...

Paris, simply la vie en rose. It's hard to focus on work at the moment, but I am doing my best! I hope :)

welcome to my world of poetry said...

I wish you well with your novel.
Yvonne.

Manzanita said...

Karen, Sounds like you had a full weekend. Just thinking, I'm glad that blogger glitch didn't happen during April or it have messed up a lot of posts, including most of mine. Musing posts are always fun. It's nice to know what's going on with friends. :)
Manzanita@Wannabuyaduck

Karen Walker said...

Melissa, I so understand that feeling. Just go with it!
Claudia, Paris - hmmm I wouldn't focus on work either.
Yvonne, thanks, I need it.
Manzanita, it was a full weekend. And yes, that would have been a problem.
Karen

Debra Lynn Lazar said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Love that you're still going strong with your music.

Liz Fichera said...

I've been chuckling all day at many of the posts I've been reading in the Laughter Blogfest. Sadly, I've not accomplished a whole lot but writing breaks are good.

Sounds like you had a super-busy weekend. Happy Monday!

Pixiebaby said...

Best of luck with getting back into your writing zone. I've been dealing with a lot of distraction myself for quite a while now. It will end eventually. Your weekend sounds like so much fun! What I'm musing about...getting into some sort of groove so that I can figure out what direction to go in next. Sort of at a crossroads time in my life, and that's a good thing. New beginnings :)

Linda Hoye said...

Good luck getting back into your novel. I am still working on my memoir. Getting so close to being ready to have it edited that I can taste it.

Michael Di Gesu said...

It sounds like you had a blast this weekend. As for your writing, you're focus or muse will come back when you're relaxed enough to allow it back into your life.

Don't worry or fret about it. Relax and the ideas will flow;