Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

 Thank you so much, Julie, at: http://julieflanders.blogspot.com/ for honoring me with:

I am supposed to name seven things about myself and pass it along to a bunch of other bloggers. I am going to bend the rules a little and pass it along to five:

K.C. Woolf at http://thewomancondition.blogspot.com/
Joanne at http://joannedemaio.blogspot.com/
Tabitha Bird at http://tabithabird.blogspot.com/
Odie at http://odielangley.blogspot.com/
Mason at http://masoncanyon.blogspot.com/

And now for seven things you may not know about me:
1. I don't like green peppers or chile peppers and I live in the land of peppers ( New Mexico).
2. I grew up in New York City, moved to Portland, Oregon in 1984, and New Mexico in 1994.
3. I hate to cook.
4. There isn't an ethnic food I dislike (except Mexican food, but only cause it's filled with cheese and I can't eat cheese).
5. I love romantic comedies. Probably my all-time favorite is An Affair to Remember.
6. I am not political although I care deeply about our country.
7. I don't read the newspaper or watch the news anymore because I can't handle the negativity.

Now I'm off to notify my selectees. Thanks again to Julie, whom I recently met on the a-z challenge. She's a delightful blogger and one you should definitely take the time to visit.
Blessings,
Karen

21 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

Congratulations on the award! And funny point 1!

Odie Langley said...

In my 64 years except for the short time in the Army I have only lived in NC. I love anything spicy and will eat peppers right out of a jar. My all time weakness is cheese. I know it eat way too much of it.
Thanks for the award girl although I don't think of myself as stylish at all.
I am discovering that you really do have an amazing talent for writing as I get into your book. I will be having some extra time today and plan to get deeper into it. Have a wonderful day.
Odie :)

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Congratulations on an award well deserved.

Yvonne,

Vicki Rocho said...

Congrats on the award! Which reminds me, I think I have a few in the closet that need to be shared...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You don't like peppers? I bet they are in everything in New Mexico.

Jules said...

Congrats on the award, definitely deserved! The fact that you are not political shows exactly how much you DO love this country. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Joanne said...

Congrats on the Award, and thanks for the Shout-Out to Whole Latte Life. I'm happy to be stylin' right along with you!

And I love An Affair to Remember too. So much so that I actually make mention of it in my fiction manuscript :)

Lynn said...

Green peppers, chilie peppers, and cheese...I love all three! Great for you for giving up watching the news. And congratulations on the reward!

Karen Walker said...

Claudia, hubby doesn't find it funny, since he loves Mexican food!
Odie, you make my heart sing!
Yvonne, thanks
Vicki, yeah, if I don't do things right away these days, they're history.
Alex, I know, I know!
Jules, I Love you!
Joanne, you're very welcome.
Lynn, I love cheese, too, but sadly, it doesn't love me.
Karen

Dafeenah said...

Congratulations on the award. I would die if I could not eat cheese. Cheese is a necessity for living.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Congratulations on the award! Hmmm, you mean it's not illegal to pass up the peppers in New Mexico? "An Affair to Remember" is one of my favorites, too. ("I was looking up... it was the nearest thing to Heaven...")

Helen Ginger said...

I agree with you on the politics. We've become way too negative as a country and I don't like to argue politics.

Congrats on the award!

baygirl32 said...

congrats!!

K.C. Woolf said...

Congratulations, and thank you! :-)

D. U. Okonkwo said...

I'm with you on the green peppers and the news. Green peppers are actually unripened but sold anyway because supermarkets don't want to lose money. Its' the same with green olives - they're unripened. An yep, the news is tactically negativity.

Karen Walker said...

Dafeenah, yeah, it's hard, but I manage.
Susan, I could probably recite all the lines at this point.
Helen, babygirl32 and K.C., thanks and you're welcome.
D.U. Thanks for the visit and follow. Right back at ya!
Karen

Holly Ruggiero said...

No cheese? I have such a sad face right now.

Julie said...

Thank you for the shout-out, Karen, and you're welcome for the award! I'm going to check out the bloggers you listed, none of these blogs are familiar to me.
I enjoyed reading your seven things, and I also hate to cook! :D

Odie Langley said...

I am a slow reader Karen but I am about at the half way point and the thought that come to mind frequently is that she needs a hug. I have quite a few of my folks saying they will be checking Amazon out to see about your book.

Karen Walker said...

Holly, oh, no sad face needed - I'm good!
Julie, you are so very welcome.
Odie, yeah, I could have used a hug back then, but keep reading, it gets better! And now it's wonderful.
Karen

Jack Edwards Poetry said...

Congratulations.